- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1430) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2371) Biotekniikka (368) Elektroniikka (1565) Energia (2132) Hallitus ja valtio (4627) Hanketiedotteet (649) Häiriötiedotteet (718) Ilmailu (263) Kauppa (4206) Kaupungit ja kunnat (5311) Kemianteollisuus (378) Kiinteistöt (2483) Kotimaa (8217) Koulutus (7805) Kulttuuri ja taide (6229)
- Kustannustoiminta (1683) Käsityöt ja askartelu (479) Laki (1770) Lemmikit (343) Lifestyle (4144) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3239) Maanpuolustus (653) Maaseutu (1555) Maatalous (1960) Mainonta (1332) Markkinointi (2847) Matkailu (2975) Media (2547) Metalliteollisuus (776) Metsätalous (1092) Musiikki ja viihde (2504)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1605) Pankit ja rahoitus (950) Paperiteollisuus (329) Perhe (3020) Politiikka (4701) Puutarha (644) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (3650) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2436) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (127) Sisustaminen (1077) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (3709) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2548) Talous (8585) Telekommunikaatio (2109) Terveys (4766)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (4268) Tietokoneet (1169) Tietotekniikka (1850) Tuotanto (1518) Turvallisuus (1958) Työelämä (5298) Ulkomaat (1447) Urheilu (3162) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1172) Vakuutus (520) Valokuvaus (399) Vapaa-aika (4979) Veneily (349) Ympäristö ja luonto (5824) Yrittäjyys (645)
VM-Carpet wins Design Deed of the Year 2013
Published: 18-Sep-2013 11:38 am
Publisher: Suomalaisen Työn Liitto
The Association for Finnish Work and Design from Finland presented VM-Carpet with the 2013 Design Deed of the Year award at the Habitare fair today.
Established in Lappajärvi in 1973, VM-Carpet is a rug manufacturer known for its high quality and innovation. Its rugs are sold in nearly 20 countries.
– VM-Carpet is a prime example of a company that has been able to reinvent itself through close designer cooperation and build a strong and valued brand. In addition, the company is a significant local employer. “Products manufactured by VM-Carpet illustrate the significance of intellectual capital for commercial success,” says Tero Lausala, CEO of the Association for Finnish Work and a member of the jury.
The Design Deed of the Year award is granted annually to a Finnish company that gives a significant role to design in its business operations. Other criteria include responsibility and originality.
– “We are known for rugs that strongly reflect the personal styles of their designers. Design makes us stand out from the competition and is evident in our rugs as high quality and new ideas. A rug is always part of a larger whole. For this reason, a broader understanding of interior design trends is important for us,” says Maria Hanhisalo, Managing Director of VM-Carpet.
Production stays in Finland
Textile factories have relocated to lower-cost countries, but VM-Carpet is not planning to move its production abroad. Nearly all of its rugs are manufactured at the Lappajärvi factory, some from semi-finished products. The company also has shops in Finland. Its newest shop will be opened in the Kaari shopping centre in Kannelmäki, Helsinki in mid-October. In addition, VM-Carpet has a national network of resellers.
– “Flexible deliveries are our strength. We even deliver single orders tailored to customer needs and wishes. Production in Finland guarantees high quality,” says Hanhisalo.
In addition to Europe, VM-Carpet has promising markets in the United States and Japan, among other countries. All in all, its products are sold in nearly 20 countries. In the international market, VM-Carpet has succeeded in securing its place between expensive luxury carpets and cheap carpets manufactured in Asia.
In addition to Lausala, the members of the jury were Industrial Counsellor Kari Kallonen and Anna-Kaisa Auvinen, Managing Director of Finatex.
The first Design Deed of the Year award was granted in 2012 to Beibamboo, a company manufacturing baby clothes from bamboo fabric.
Net sales: EUR 5.8 million in 2012
International operations: Exports to nearly 20 countries
Personnel: 38 employees in Finland
Anne Luoto, Development Manager, Design from Finland, Association for Finnish Work, email@example.com, tel. +358 (0)50 571 1736
Maria Hanhisalo, Managing Director, VM-Carpet, firstname.lastname@example.org, tel. +358 (0)40 759 3423
Granted by the Association for Finnish Work, the Design from Finland label communicates the origin of distinctive Finnish design. The label illustrates the significance of design for business operations and commercial success. The Design from Finland label is granted to companies that lead the way in investing in Finnish design.