- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1601) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2658) Biotekniikka (428) Elektroniikka (1763) Energia (2382) Hallitus ja valtio (5355) Hanketiedotteet (871) Häiriötiedotteet (869) Ilmailu (290) Kauppa (4664) Kaupungit ja kunnat (6989) Kemianteollisuus (427) Kiinteistöt (2903) Kotimaa (10578) Koulutus (8838) Kulttuuri ja taide (7433)
- Kustannustoiminta (2019) Käsityöt ja askartelu (571) Laki (2058) Lemmikit (401) Lifestyle (4801) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3761) Maanpuolustus (744) Maaseutu (1846) Maatalous (2181) Mainonta (1549) Markkinointi (3312) Matkailu (3470) Media (2971) Metalliteollisuus (840) Metsätalous (1224) Musiikki ja viihde (2902)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1812) Pankit ja rahoitus (1091) Paperiteollisuus (379) Perhe (3584) Politiikka (5296) Puutarha (719) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (4142) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2781) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (167) Sisustaminen (1219) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (4262) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2871) Talous (9726) Telekommunikaatio (2411) Terveys (5459)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (4924) Tietokoneet (1276) Tietotekniikka (2209) Tuotanto (1706) Turvallisuus (2339) Työelämä (6020) Ulkomaat (1646) Urheilu (4104) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1404) Vakuutus (627) Valokuvaus (456) Vapaa-aika (6186) Veneily (408) Ympäristö ja luonto (6654) Yrittäjyys (1075)
Etusivu » Tiedotteet » Sisustaminen » Camilla Vuorenmaa's exhibition The Sea Separates Us opens at EMMA
Camilla Vuorenmaa's exhibition The Sea Separates Us opens at EMMA
Published: 09-Feb-2016 03:15 pm
Publisher: EMMA - Espoon modernin taiteen museo
EMMA - Espoo Museum of Modern Art opens it’s 10 years anniversary with two main exhibitions of the spring on the 10th of February 2016. Another of these exhibitions is Camilla Vuorenmaa’s The Sea Separates Us.
The second Fine Academy of Arts Award Exhibition will open at EMMA on 10 February 2016. Camilla Vuorenmaa (b. 1979), who was presented with the award in spring 2015, uses the method of painting on and engraving wood to create her unique and rugged signature style that combines sensitive and forceful expression. The carrying theme of The Sea Separates Us exhibition is the survival of the individual and communities in different environments and social relationships.
The Fine Arts Academy of Finland Award is presented every two years to an internationally relevant artist at the prime of his or her creativity. The first winner of the award in 2013 was artist Tuomas A. Laitinen. The award concept, which has been jointly realised by EMMA - Espoo Museum of Modern Art and the Fine Arts Academy of Finland, includes a solo exhibition at EMMA, accompanied by an exhibition publication produced and edited by EMMA.
Camilla Vuorenmaa graduated from the Academy of Fine Arts Department of Painting in 2005. She has used wood as her medium since 2010. Vuorenmaa is known as a young artist who in many ways has challenged the physical and traditional boundaries of painting. Shaped with chisels and a hammer, her works combine elements of painting, sculpture and drawing. The murals lend her exhibitions a sense of spatiality, transience and immediacy.
The artist picks her themes for her works, which focus on portraying the human being and humanity, from magazines, books and her own photographs of things she encounters. When preparing for her exhibition at EMMA, Vuorenmaa felt that it had become increasingly important to face and observer her subjects in authentic situations and environments. A common thread for the exhibition works emerged during the artist’s residency in Iceland in autumn 2015. Vuorenmaa had the opportunity to spend time on an Icelandic fishing boat and observe the fishermen’s work at sea, faced with fundamental questions. Photoshoots at a Helsinki wrestling club were also significant for her work. This observation work introduced a new feel of movement and thrust to the works.
Camilla Vuorenmaa / The Sea Separates Us / 10th of February – 17th of April 2016
For further information, please contact:
Tiina Penttilä, Curator, EMMA,
firstname.lastname@example.org t. +358 46 877 2420
Pilvi Kalhama, Museum Director, EMMA,
email@example.com p. + 358 040 533 4070
EMMA – Espoo Museum of Modern Art is one of the most important art museums in Finland. EMMA’s exhibition rooms are divided between a presentation of the Saastamoinen Foundation Art Collection and changing exhibitions. Through its collection and exhibition activities, EMMA profiles itself as a museum of domestic and international modernism, contemporary art, and design. EMMA is located in the WeeGee Exhibition Centre in Tapiola, Espoo.
Julkaisijan muita tiedotteita
- 12.04.2017 11:20EMMA builds a new exhibition concept for Rut Bryk and Tapio Wirkkala collections
- 12.04.2017 11:02EMMA bygger nytt utställningskoncept kring Rut Bryks och Tapio Wirkkalas samlingar
- 12.04.2017 10:44EMMA rakentaa uutta näyttelykonseptia Rut Brykin ja Tapio Wirkkalan kokoelmien ympärille