- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1430) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2372) Biotekniikka (368) Elektroniikka (1565) Energia (2132) Hallitus ja valtio (4628) Hanketiedotteet (649) Häiriötiedotteet (718) Ilmailu (263) Kauppa (4206) Kaupungit ja kunnat (5313) Kemianteollisuus (378) Kiinteistöt (2483) Kotimaa (8220) Koulutus (7807) Kulttuuri ja taide (6231)
- Kustannustoiminta (1683) Käsityöt ja askartelu (479) Laki (1770) Lemmikit (343) Lifestyle (4145) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3239) Maanpuolustus (654) Maaseutu (1556) Maatalous (1960) Mainonta (1332) Markkinointi (2847) Matkailu (2975) Media (2547) Metalliteollisuus (776) Metsätalous (1092) Musiikki ja viihde (2504)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1605) Pankit ja rahoitus (950) Paperiteollisuus (329) Perhe (3022) Politiikka (4702) Puutarha (644) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (3650) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2436) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (127) Sisustaminen (1077) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (3711) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2548) Talous (8585) Telekommunikaatio (2109) Terveys (4767)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (4268) Tietokoneet (1169) Tietotekniikka (1850) Tuotanto (1518) Turvallisuus (1959) Työelämä (5298) Ulkomaat (1447) Urheilu (3167) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1172) Vakuutus (520) Valokuvaus (399) Vapaa-aika (4983) Veneily (349) Ympäristö ja luonto (5825) Yrittäjyys (645)
Etusivu » Tiedotteet » Logistiikka ja liikenne » More train tickets purchased online or using VR Mobile
More train tickets purchased online or using VR Mobile
Published: 10-Jun-2014 03:03 pm
Publisher: VR Group
VR's online service www.vr.fi is becoming increasingly popular and more and more passengers are buying their train tickets online or using VR Mobile. More than two million customers use the online services each month. The VR Mobile ticketing, which was introduced a year ago, has also steadily increased in popularity. More than 200,000 VR Mobile applications have already been downloaded to smartphones. The use of digital services has increased by more 15 per cent from 2013.
- VR provides its customers with more ticket-purchasing channels than any other passenger services operator. 'We want to continuously improve our services and we are developing our sales channels in accordance with customers' expectations. More than 65 per cent of all tickets are bought using our self-service channels,' says Antti Tiitola, Senior Vice President of VR's Passenger Services.
VR's online service now more agile - hotel rooms can also be booked
VR has improved the usability and functions of its website www.vr.fi. With a new navigation and a more effective search function, it is now easier to find information on timetables, live train updates and other services. The website has been constructed so that all functions can be used with different types of terminal equipment. The website also has a new look.
A hotel booking service will soon be added. When buying train tickets you can also easily book a hotel room for your trip. You can choose from a large number of hotels in Finland and in such cities as St. Petersburg. New benefits, travel tips, ticket and travel packages and advantageous offers will also become available.
VR Mobile has been updated
Search functions and navigation of VR Mobile ticketing have also been updated. Smartphone applications have been made more user-friendly on the basis of the feedback received from the customers. The menus are clearer and the station selection function works more quickly. The free applications of VR Mobile are available for the users of Windows Phone, iPhone and Android smartphones.
New services are being added to Veturi, VR's customer loyalty programme. There will be new benefits and functions for Veturi customers at the mobile shop. Logging into Veturi is quicker, which means that that the benefits are easily available. The services at VR Mobile now also include the electronic Veturi card, which provides you with more benefits and makes purchases quicker. By presenting your Veturi card, you can make use of offers provided by VR's partners.
The partners of the Veturi customer loyalty programme are actively involved in the development of VR's services. The updated online services have been tested and modified in cooperation with Veturi members.
For more information about VR's online services and VR Mobile, visit www.vr.fi
VR Group is an ecofriendly, versatile company with responsible operations, offering transport, logistics and infrastructure engineering services.
The Group employs over 10,000 professionals.