- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1592) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2640) Biotekniikka (425) Elektroniikka (1752) Energia (2366) Hallitus ja valtio (5315) Hanketiedotteet (854) Häiriötiedotteet (859) Ilmailu (290) Kauppa (4647) Kaupungit ja kunnat (6885) Kemianteollisuus (426) Kiinteistöt (2881) Kotimaa (10447) Koulutus (8770) Kulttuuri ja taide (7357)
- Kustannustoiminta (1998) Käsityöt ja askartelu (564) Laki (2054) Lemmikit (399) Lifestyle (4762) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3722) Maanpuolustus (738) Maaseutu (1830) Maatalous (2178) Mainonta (1539) Markkinointi (3292) Matkailu (3435) Media (2945) Metalliteollisuus (837) Metsätalous (1222) Musiikki ja viihde (2877)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1796) Pankit ja rahoitus (1086) Paperiteollisuus (376) Perhe (3542) Politiikka (5268) Puutarha (712) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (4116) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2764) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (163) Sisustaminen (1213) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (4230) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2854) Talous (9659) Telekommunikaatio (2393) Terveys (5418)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (4883) Tietokoneet (1272) Tietotekniikka (2187) Tuotanto (1691) Turvallisuus (2312) Työelämä (5969) Ulkomaat (1636) Urheilu (4081) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1393) Vakuutus (621) Valokuvaus (448) Vapaa-aika (6120) Veneily (405) Ympäristö ja luonto (6607) Yrittäjyys (1053)
Etusivu » Tiedotteet » Elektroniikka » Intelin kolmannen vuosineljänneksen liikevaihto 14,5 miljardia ja tulos 3,1 miljardia
Intelin kolmannen vuosineljänneksen liikevaihto 14,5 miljardia ja tulos 3,1 miljardia
Julkaistu: 14.10.2015 klo 09:17
Helsinki, 14.10.2015 – Intel on julkistanut tietoja vuoden 2015 kolmannen vuosineljänneksen tuloksestaan. Yhtiön kolmannen vuosineljänneksen liikevaihto oli 14,5 miljardia Yhdysvaltain dollaria, liikevoitto 4,2 miljardia dollaria, yhtiön tulos oli 3,1 miljardia dollaria, osakekohtainen tulos 64 senttiä ja liiketoiminnan kassavirta 5,7 miljardia dollaria. Yhtiö maksoi osakkeenomistajille osinkoina yhteensä 1,1 miljardia dollaria ja lunasti omia osakkeitaan yhteensä 1 miljardin dollarin arvosta eli 36 miljoonaa kappaletta.
”Suoriuduimme kolmannella neljänneksellä hyvin ja saavutimme vankkoja tuloksia haastavassa talousympäristössä”, sanoo Intelin toimitusjohtaja Brian Krzanich. ”Neljännes esittelee Intelin innovaatiota toiminnassa. Asiakkaat ovat innostuneita uudesta kuudennen sukupolven Intel Core -prosessoristamme, ja esittelimme mullistavan 3D XPoint -teknologiamme, alan ensimmäisen uuden muistityypin yli kahteen vuosikymmeneen.”
Puh. +46 8 5946 1729 tai +46 768 881 729
Puh. 050 571 0514
Tiedote kokonaisuudessaan alla:
Intel Reports Third-Quarter Revenue of $14.5 Billion, Net Income of $3.1 Billion
- Quarterly revenue of $14.5 billion, above the midpoint of outlook; gross margin of 63 percent, consistent with outlook
- Quarterly revenue approximately flat year-over-year, with growth in the data center, Internet of things (IoT) and non-volatile memory businesses offsetting lower client revenue
- Results show customer enthusiasm for 6th Gen Intel® Core™ processors
SANTA CLARA, Calif., October 13, 2015 -- Intel Corporation today reported third-quarter revenue of $14.5 billion, operating income of $4.2 billion, net income of $3.1 billion and EPS of 64 cents. The company generated approximately $5.7 billion in cash from operations, paid dividends of $1.1 billion, and used $1.0 billion to repurchase 36 million shares of stock.
"We executed well in the third quarter and delivered solid results in a challenging economic environment," said Brian Krzanich, Intel CEO. "The quarter demonstrates Intel innovation in action. Customers are excited about our new 6th Gen Intel Core processor, and we introduced our breakthrough 3D XPoint™ technology, the industry's first new memory category in more than two decades."
Q3 Key Business Unit Trends
- Client Computing Group revenue of $8.5 billion, up 13 percent sequentially and down 7 percent year-over-year
- Data Center Group revenue of $4.1 billion, up 8 percent sequentially and up 12 percent year-over-year
- Internet of Things Group revenue of $581 million, up 4 percent sequentially and up 10 percent year-over-year
- Software and services operating segments revenue of $556 million, up 4 percent sequentially and flat year-over-year
Intel's Business Outlook does not include the potential impact of any business combinations, asset acquisitions, divestitures, strategic investments and other significant transactions that may be completed after October 13.
- Revenue: $14.8 billion, plus or minus $500 million.
- Gross margin percentage: 62 percent, plus or minus a couple of percentage points.
- R&D plus MG&A spending: approximately $5.0 billion.
- Restructuring charges: approximately $25 million.
- Amortization of acquisition-related intangibles: approximately $70 million.
- Impact of equity investments and interest and other: approximately zero.
- Depreciation: approximately $1.9 billion.
- Tax rate: approximately 25 percent.
- Full-year capital spending: $7.3 billion, plus or minus $500 million.
For additional information regarding Intel's results and Business Outlook, please see the CFO commentary at: www.intc.com/results.cfm.
Status of Business Outlook
Intel's Business Outlook is posted on intc.com and may be reiterated in public or private meetings with investors and others. The Business Outlook will be effective through the close of business on December 11 unless earlier updated; except that the Business Outlook for amortization of acquisition-related intangibles, impact of equity investments and interest and other, restructuring charges, and tax rate, will be effective only through the close of business on October 20. Intel's Quiet Period will start from the close of business on December 11 until publication of the company's fourth-quarter earnings release, scheduled for January 14. During the Quiet Period, all of the Business Outlook and other forward-looking statements disclosed in the company's news releases and filings with the SEC should be considered as historical, speaking as of prior to the Quiet Period only and not subject to an update by the company.
The above statements and any others in this release that refer to future plans and expectations are forward-looking statements that involve a number of risks and uncertainties. Words such as "anticipates," "expects," "intends," "goals," "plans," "believes," "seeks," "estimates," "continues," "may," "will," "should," and variations of such words and similar expressions are intended to identify such forward-looking statements. Statements that refer to or are based on projections, uncertain events or assumptions also identify forward-looking statements. Many factors could affect Intel's actual results, and variances from Intel's current expectations regarding such factors could cause actual results to differ materially from those expressed in these forward-looking statements. Intel presently considers the following to be important factors that could cause actual results to differ materially from the company's expectations.
- Demand for Intel's products is highly variable and could differ from expectations due to factors including changes in business and economic conditions; consumer confidence or income levels; the introduction, availability and market acceptance of Intel's products, products used together with Intel products and competitors' products; competitive and pricing pressures, including actions taken by competitors; supply constraints and other disruptions affecting customers; changes in customer order patterns including order cancellations; and changes in the level of inventory at customers.
- Intel's gross margin percentage could vary significantly from expectations based on capacity utilization; variations in inventory valuation, including variations related to the timing of qualifying products for sale; changes in revenue levels; segment product mix; the timing and execution of the manufacturing ramp and associated costs; excess or obsolete inventory; changes in unit costs; defects or disruptions in the supply of materials or resources; and product manufacturing quality/yields. Variations in gross margin may also be caused by the timing of Intel product introductions and related expenses, including marketing expenses, and Intel's ability to respond quickly to technological developments and to introduce new products or incorporate new features into existing products, which may result in restructuring and asset impairment charges.
- Intel's results could be affected by adverse economic, social, political and physical/infrastructure conditions in countries where Intel, its customers or its suppliers operate, including military conflict and other security risks, natural disasters, infrastructure disruptions, health concerns and fluctuations in currency exchange rates. Results may also be affected by the formal or informal imposition by countries of new or revised export and/or import and doing-business regulations, which could be changed without prior notice.
- Intel operates in highly competitive industries and its operations have high costs that are either fixed or difficult to reduce in the short term.
- The amount, timing and execution of Intel's stock repurchase program could be affected by changes in Intel's priorities for the use of cash, such as operational spending, capital spending, acquisitions, and as a result of changes to Intel's cash flows or changes in tax laws.
- Intel's expected tax rate is based on current tax law and current expected income and may be affected by the jurisdictions in which profits are determined to be earned and taxed; changes in the estimates of credits, benefits and deductions; the resolution of issues arising from tax audits with various tax authorities, including payment of interest and penalties; and the ability to realize deferred tax assets.
- Gains or losses from equity securities and interest and other could vary from expectations depending on gains or losses on the sale, exchange, change in the fair value or impairments of debt and equity investments, interest rates, cash balances, and changes in fair value of derivative instruments.
- Product defects or errata (deviations from published specifications) may adversely impact our expenses, revenues and reputation.
- Intel's results could be affected by litigation or regulatory matters involving intellectual property, stockholder, consumer, antitrust, disclosure and other issues. An unfavorable ruling could include monetary damages or an injunction prohibiting Intel from manufacturing or selling one or more products, precluding particular business practices, impacting Intel's ability to design its products, or requiring other remedies such as compulsory licensing of intellectual property.
- Intel's results may be affected by the timing of closing of acquisitions, divestitures and other significant transactions. In addition, risks associated with our pending acquisition of Altera are described in the "Forward Looking Statements" paragraph of Intel's press release dated June 1, 2015, which risk factors are incorporated by reference herein.
A detailed discussion of these and other factors that could affect Intel's results is included in Intel's SEC filings, including the company's most recent reports on Forms 10-K and 10-Q.
Intel will hold a public webcast at 2 p.m. PDT today on its Investor Relations website at www.intc.com. A webcast replay and audio download will also be available on the site.
Intel plans to report its earnings for the fourth quarter of 2015 on January 14. Immediately following the earnings report, the company plans to publish a commentary by Stacy J. Smith, Intel CFO and executive vice president, at www.intc.com/results.cfm. A public webcast of Intel's earnings conference call will follow at 2 p.m. PDT at www.intc.com.
Intel (NASDAQ: INTC) is a world leader in computing innovation. The company designs and builds the essential technologies that serve as the foundation for the world's computing devices. As a leader in corporate responsibility and sustainability, Intel also manufactures the world's first commercially available "conflict-free" microprocessors. Additional information about Intel is available at newsroom.intel.com and blogs.intel.com and about Intel's conflict-free efforts at conflictfree.intel.com.
Intel, the Intel logo, Core, Ultrabook and 3D XPoint are trademarks of Intel Corporation in the United States and other countries.
*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.
Intel on maailman johtavia innovaattoreita tietojenkäsittelyssä. Yhtiö suunnittelee ja kehittää teknologioita, jotka muodostavat perustan erilaisille tietoteknisille laitteille. Vastuullisuuden ja kestävän kehityksen johtavana yrityksenä Intel valmistaa maailman ensimmäisiä kaupallisesti saatavia, konfliktivapaita mikroprosessoreita. Lisätietoja Intelistä saa kansainvälisiltä sivustoilta osoitteista http://newsroom.intel.com/ ja http://blogs.intel.com/. Lisätietoja Intelin konfliktivapaista pyrkimyksistä löytyy osoitteesta conflictfree.intel.com. Suomessa Intelin uutisia julkaistaan myös Twitterissä osoitteessa https://twitter.com/IntelFinland.