- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1592) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2640) Biotekniikka (425) Elektroniikka (1752) Energia (2366) Hallitus ja valtio (5315) Hanketiedotteet (854) Häiriötiedotteet (859) Ilmailu (290) Kauppa (4647) Kaupungit ja kunnat (6885) Kemianteollisuus (426) Kiinteistöt (2881) Kotimaa (10447) Koulutus (8770) Kulttuuri ja taide (7357)
- Kustannustoiminta (1998) Käsityöt ja askartelu (564) Laki (2054) Lemmikit (399) Lifestyle (4762) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3722) Maanpuolustus (738) Maaseutu (1830) Maatalous (2178) Mainonta (1539) Markkinointi (3292) Matkailu (3435) Media (2945) Metalliteollisuus (837) Metsätalous (1222) Musiikki ja viihde (2877)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1796) Pankit ja rahoitus (1086) Paperiteollisuus (376) Perhe (3542) Politiikka (5268) Puutarha (712) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (4116) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2764) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (163) Sisustaminen (1213) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (4230) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2854) Talous (9659) Telekommunikaatio (2393) Terveys (5418)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (4883) Tietokoneet (1272) Tietotekniikka (2187) Tuotanto (1691) Turvallisuus (2312) Työelämä (5969) Ulkomaat (1636) Urheilu (4081) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1393) Vakuutus (621) Valokuvaus (448) Vapaa-aika (6120) Veneily (405) Ympäristö ja luonto (6607) Yrittäjyys (1053)
Lahti Ski Games invests in sustainability
Published: 19-Feb-2016 08:12 pm
Publisher: Lahti Ski Games
Lahti Ski Games – Pre-World Championship 2016 has knowingly taken sustainability as an integral part of the event. The spectators will see sustainability most in responsible environmental solutions. The goal is to minimize environmental impact in all actions. As a demonstration of the environmental work, the event received the EcoCompass environmental certificate today.
The audition process was completed today and the EcoCompass environmental certificate was awarded to Lahti Ski Games. The certificate is a demonstration of the credible environmental work that the event is carrying out. It is concentrating on concrete actions and tells about commitment to continuously enhance the process and to follow the EcoCompass environmental criteria. The application process for the EcoCompass environmental certificate also for Lahti 2017 World Championship has already been started.
- This certificate brings continuity into our environmental work and supports our slogan “Not for 10 days but for the next 100 years”. The EcoCompass environmental certificate makes our environmental process more systematic and commits our personnel to act according to criteria, explains Maarit Virtanen, the Environmental Manager of Lahti Ski Games and Lahti 2017 World Championships.
Lahti Ski Games is seeking environmental effectiveness for example by saving electricity, recycling and reducing the amount of waste. Locally produced food is being served and Eco-friendly compostable disposable plates, cups and utensils are being used in the event. There are also decorations, furniture and other contractions made from recycled materials as well as lots of different waste containers that allows effective separation of waste.
Salpausselkä stadium in Lahti has a long history and traditions in winter sports. For more than 90 years, the stadium has been the venue for Lahti Ski Games. Next year the venue will host the all-time seventh World Championships. This has enabled sustainable and long-term building of different sport venues and other constructions. The need of temporary constructions has been low and it has been reduced even further. The materials from Lahti Ski Games – Pre-World Championships will be re-used next year in the World Championships as much as possible.
Lahti Ski Games – Pre-World Championships is a great opportunity to get experiences and ideas of sustainable and responsible solutions for Lahti 2017 World Championships. The goal is to find permanent operations models for sustainable and responsible event production not only in environmental responsibility but in social, economic and cultural responsibility as well.
Read more: www.ekokompassi.fi/en/
For more information please contact:
EcoCompass Event project, Project Coordinator Elina Levula +358 440 240 390
Lahti2017, Environmental Manager Maarit Virtanen +358 44 708 1260