- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1595) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2646) Biotekniikka (425) Elektroniikka (1755) Energia (2370) Hallitus ja valtio (5331) Hanketiedotteet (860) Häiriötiedotteet (863) Ilmailu (290) Kauppa (4650) Kaupungit ja kunnat (6932) Kemianteollisuus (426) Kiinteistöt (2887) Kotimaa (10501) Koulutus (8799) Kulttuuri ja taide (7385)
- Kustannustoiminta (2004) Käsityöt ja askartelu (566) Laki (2054) Lemmikit (399) Lifestyle (4774) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3731) Maanpuolustus (740) Maaseutu (1832) Maatalous (2176) Mainonta (1540) Markkinointi (3297) Matkailu (3445) Media (2955) Metalliteollisuus (837) Metsätalous (1222) Musiikki ja viihde (2887)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1801) Pankit ja rahoitus (1084) Paperiteollisuus (376) Perhe (3553) Politiikka (5278) Puutarha (714) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (4123) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2770) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (164) Sisustaminen (1216) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (4248) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2860) Talous (9682) Telekommunikaatio (2402) Terveys (5430)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (4898) Tietokoneet (1273) Tietotekniikka (2196) Tuotanto (1697) Turvallisuus (2318) Työelämä (5994) Ulkomaat (1644) Urheilu (4082) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1396) Vakuutus (623) Valokuvaus (451) Vapaa-aika (6140) Veneily (405) Ympäristö ja luonto (6623) Yrittäjyys (1062)
Etusivu » Tiedotteet » Tuotanto » Subcontracting 2013 to mark the 25th anniversary for the number one event in the industry
Subcontracting 2013 to mark the 25th anniversary for the number one event in the industry
Published: 24-Jan-2013 10:55 am
Publisher: Tampereen Messut
DESIGN AND COMPETITIVENESS CHOSEN AS THEMES FOR THE ANNIVERSARY YEAR
The next International Industrial Subcontracting Trade Fair will take place on 24–26 September 2013 at Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre. First held in Tampere in 1988, the number one trade fair for the subcontracting industry in Finland is now into its 25th successful year. Subcontracting 2013 will mark the 23rd edition of the trade fair targeted for subcontracting professionals.
“Construction work for the new exhibition hall E is currently underway at Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre, and we will have the space ready just in time for the upcoming trade fair this autumn. In the future the new hall will serve as the main stage for trade fairs and other events. For the Subcontracting Trade Fair at least, the additional space is long overdue, so we're happy to have this new venue ready in time for celebrating the 25th anniversary of the number one event in the industry. We are aiming for a 10 percent growth for the event, which would bring us to some 1,000 exhibitors and an exhibition area of 15,000m². We're pleased to have found two new partners, namely the Finnish Plastics Industries Federation and Design Foundation Finland, and look forward to seeing some new themes in this autumn's trade fair. Another goal is to draw more international exhibitors and visitors,” says Jani Maja, Project Manager for Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd.
The Subcontracting Trade Fair showcases metal, electronics, plastic and rubber industries and industrial ICT solutions, as well as planning and consulting services for the said industries. Over the course of three days, the leading Finnish trade fair for the subcontracting sector offers visitors a unique cross-section of the industry as a whole – its current state and future outlook, and the latest innovations. According to a study carried out in 2012, the event introduces more than 2,000 new innovations every year.
Finnish Plastics Industries Federation as new partner
Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd organises the annual Subcontracting Trade Fair together with its main partners: the Federation of Finnish Technology Industries, the Rubber Manufacturers' Association of Finland, and the Finnish Association of Purchasing and Logistics (LOGY). From 2013 onwards, the event will have a new main partner, the Finnish Plastics Industries Federation.
“This is the age of plastics, with the development in plastics booming. The English word "plastic" originates from a word referring to something that can be shaped or moulded. In Finland, we have up to 600 plastic moulding companies, in other words companies that manufacture plastic products that come in all shapes and forms. Dozens of them can be found at the Subcontracting Trade Fair. Plastic manufacturing has taken great strides throughout the 2000s. Rapid prototypes and rapid manufacturing, in particular, have drastically changed the product development process. The industry keeps coming out with new plastics and plastic compounds. We shouldn't, however, get too carried away with these new types of plastics and forget that when working with such a modern, versatile material as plastic, it's all about making a series of right decisions. It's about choosing the right type of plastic, the right fabrication methods and the right tools for the intended purpose, and, most important of all, the right, reliable partners. This is why the Subcontracting Trade Fair is the place to be for those in the plastic industry. It is a platform for plastic manufacturers for showcasing their capabilities and, on the other hand, an opportunity to find the most reliable partners in the supply chain, the ones that will push them forward,” explains Vesa Kärhä, Managing Director of the Finnish Plastics Industries Federation.
Gaining competitive edge through design
The two main themes for Subcontracting 2013 are design and competitiveness. To help build the theme, Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd has struck up a partnership with Design Foundation Finland.
“By bringing together technological creativity and design creativity, companies can differentiate themselves from their competition and boost their competitiveness. Design is about considering the feasibility, functionality, accessibility and appeal of a product or service. Nonetheless, most Finnish companies have yet to realise the benefits of design. Studies show that as much as 90 percent of Finnish companies make no use of design in their product development. And yet they are continuously trying to improve their products and services because of the increasingly competitive environment. Design Foundation Finland can help entrepreneurs and enterprises in integrating design and ensuring concrete results. With so many similar products and services at similar prices on the market, companies need to find a way to stand out from the rest. Design thinking is needed across the entire industry, including subcontracting. The Subcontracting Trade Fair is an ideal forum for increasing awareness about the possibilities of design in gaining competitive edge,” says Pekka Koivisto, agent for Design Foundation Finland.
Subcontracting 2012 had 890 exhibitors from 17 countries, with more than 70 foreign exhibitors in all. The three-day event attracted a total of 15,742 visitors of which some 600 were from outside Finland. The Subcontracting Trade Fair is Finland's largest industrial trade fair measured by the number of exhibitors. In terms of the number of visitors, it is the second largest trade fair for the subcontracting industry in Europe.
FURTHER INFORMATION: www.alihankinta.fi / Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd, www.tampereenmessut.fi
Jani Maja, Project Manager, tel. +358 207 701 255, +358 50 356 1325,
Tanja Järvensivu, Communications Manager, tel. +358 207 701 205, +358 50 536 8133, firstname.lastname@example.org
Meri Mattila, Communications Assistant, tel. +358 207 701 242, +358 400 914 877,
Julkaisijan muita tiedotteita
- 26.04.2017 13:41244 päivää avaruudessa viettänyt astronautti Timothy Kopra saapuu Heurekaan!
- 26.04.2017 08:47Hukkalämmöt teollisuuslaitoksessa uusiokäyttöön, ympäristöteko kannatti myös taloudellisesti
- 25.04.2017 10:27Uutta nostetta kotimaiseen biokaasuntuotantoon: Lerkka-syöttölaite vauhdittaa Metaenergian biokaasulaitoksia