- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1430) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2376) Biotekniikka (368) Elektroniikka (1568) Energia (2134) Hallitus ja valtio (4630) Hanketiedotteet (651) Häiriötiedotteet (721) Ilmailu (263) Kauppa (4209) Kaupungit ja kunnat (5329) Kemianteollisuus (378) Kiinteistöt (2484) Kotimaa (8235) Koulutus (7819) Kulttuuri ja taide (6241)
- Kustannustoiminta (1684) Käsityöt ja askartelu (482) Laki (1773) Lemmikit (343) Lifestyle (4154) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3243) Maanpuolustus (654) Maaseutu (1556) Maatalous (1960) Mainonta (1333) Markkinointi (2851) Matkailu (2977) Media (2548) Metalliteollisuus (778) Metsätalous (1092) Musiikki ja viihde (2507)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1607) Pankit ja rahoitus (950) Paperiteollisuus (329) Perhe (3026) Politiikka (4704) Puutarha (644) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (3651) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2438) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (127) Sisustaminen (1079) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (3714) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2554) Talous (8593) Telekommunikaatio (2110) Terveys (4771)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (4270) Tietokoneet (1169) Tietotekniikka (1853) Tuotanto (1521) Turvallisuus (1961) Työelämä (5304) Ulkomaat (1448) Urheilu (3176) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1176) Vakuutus (521) Valokuvaus (399) Vapaa-aika (4992) Veneily (349) Ympäristö ja luonto (5830) Yrittäjyys (648)
International EuroMining 2015 Trade Fair in Tampere this week
Published: 18-May-2015 08:29 pm
Publisher: Tampereen Messut
ENVIRONMENTAL CONTRIBUTION OF THE YEAR 2015 TO BE ANNOUNCED ON THE OPENING DAY
The international mining technology trade fair EuroMining 2015 will be held at the Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre on 20 and 21 May 2015. Now held for the second time, the event has become more international. There will be 127 exhibitors from 17 countries.
- We held the first EuroMining Trade Fair in 2013 and it was immediately a major success. The Finnish mining industry is going through a tough period, but our expectations of the trade fair are positive. What has particularly strengthened our confidence is the fact that international interest in the event has only increased. This year one quarter of the exhibitors will come from abroad. Even if Finland is suffering from some kind of mining hangover, at least the opportunities the event has to offer in terms of finding new investments and partners have been noticed abroad. Thus mine operators will come here to make purchases and due to the nature of the industry, the investments are remarkable, says Project Manager Mikael Wänskä of Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd.
EuroMining is a trade fair for mining technology and it showcases new solutions, machines, equipment as well as products and services needed for mining. The event offers the participants an opportunity to establish international contacts, explore new products and services and to discuss future solutions. In addition to Finland, there will be exhibitors from Australia, Belgium, South Africa, the UK, Italy, Austria, Canada, China, Norway, France, Sweden, Germany, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Ukraine and the United States.
The Opening Seminar will bring up topical themes and the Environmental Contribution of the Year will be announced during the event
The Finnish mining industry operates under the same conditions as the rest of the world and thus the challenges and opportunities will be discussed from both the global and Finnish perspective. The EuroMining Opening Seminar to be held on Wednesday 20 May from 10 am until 1 pm will provide an overview of the current themes within the industry through speeches by various experts. The chair for the seminar will be Reijo Ruokanen, Editor-in-Chief of Talouselämä, Fakta and Markkinointi & Mainonta magazines.
The recipient of the Environmental Contribution of the Year 2015 Award will also be announced as part of the seminar. The first award was given at the EuroMining 2013 Trade Fair to drilling contractor Oy Kati Ab. The award is given to a mining industry operator that pays attention to environmental matters in an exemplary manner. The recipient is selected by the EuroMining Delegation which this year consists of Elias Ekdahl (Director General Emeritus), Mika Riipi (County Governor of the Regional Council of Lapland), Sakari Kallo (Chairman of the Finnish Association of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers) as well as Teija Lahti-Nuuttila (Director of the TEKES Green Mining programme).
A diverse selection of seminars and information sessions at the EuroMining Trade Fair
The EuroMining Trade Fair will offer topical information sessions and seminars on both Wednesday and Thursday. Tekes and Spinverse Oy will hold a seminar on both days entitled Tekes Green Mining Programme Presents: Water and emissions seminar. On Wednesday the seminar programme will also include Tekir Oy's panel discussion with the theme “How to communicate locally?” On Thursday, Vuoriteknikot ry will hold a seminar about the future visions of mining. Further information about the seminar programme and information sessions: www.euromining.fi (Programme).
The EuroMining Trade Fair brings together mining, quarrying, geology, beneficiation and processing and metallurgy industry professionals. The event will provide an overview of the entire production chain's main prospects. The EuroMining Trade Fair is organized by Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd together with the Finnish Association of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers and the Tekes Green Mining programme.
EuroMining Opening Seminar:
Wednesday 20th of May 2015, 10.00–13.00, Seminars, Hall A
Reijo Ruokanen, Editor-in-chief, Talouselämä, Fakta, Markkinointi & Mainonta
- Welcoming Address
Hannu Vähätalo, Managing Director, Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd
- Opening Speech
Ari Juva, Secretary General, Finnish Association of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers
- Presentation of the Environmental Contribution of the year 2015 award
Elias Ekdahl, Director General Emeritus, EuroMining 2015 Delegation
- Acceptance Speech
- How to fully exploit opportunities offered by pan-European network of excellence - EIT raw materials
Erja Turunen, Vice President, VTT, Research, Smart Industry and energy systems
- Global Commodity and Financing Trends for Mining Industry
Tuomo Mäkelä, President, Outokumpu Mining Oy
- Capital raising and listing sentiment on Nordic exchanges
Erja Retzén, Managing Director, Nasdaq Nordic, Listings & Capital Markets
- Using system dynamic models in analyzing mining investments: what, how, and why?
Mikael Collan, Professor of Strategic Finance at Lappeenranta University of Technology
EuroMining 2015 Program: www.euromining.fi
Media Accreditation to EuroMining 2015: www.euromining.fi (In English, Media)
Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd, www.tampereenmessut.fi
Mikael Wänskä, Project Manager, tel. +358 40 350 0445,
Raimo Pylvänäinen, Project Manager, tel. +358 400 671 923,
Tanja Järvensivu, Communications Manager, tel. +358 50 536 8133, @TanjaJarvensivu
Meri Mattila, Communications Assistant, tel. +358 400 914 877