Start-up Smash aims at the 400 billion sports market
Published: 15-Sep-2016 11:50 am
As part of the Slush-family, Smash is the world's first physical activity, health and sport focused start-up event. In Helsinki the day before Slush, Smash combines passion for physical exercise, new technology and the 400 billion Euro sports market.
Smash is a new, official Slush side-event dedicated to start-ups and focusing on physical activity, health and sport. The event is the first of its kind in the world. Globally, the total value of the sport and exercise industry is estimated at 350-450 billion Euros and has huge growth expectations. The sports sector is different from many other areas in that it will continue to grow despite the recession. According to the 2013 study by The Finnish Ministry of Economic Affairs and Employment, the aggregate net sales of the exercise business in Finland is over 5.5 billion Euros. The industry has continued to grow in Finland in recent years and it is equal to the Finnish gaming and design sectors in total.
"We at Smash believe that sport is the world's greatest source of passion and enthusiasm. Passion also unites start-up communities. We want to provide a platform where these passions, skills and business sense] can meet", Smash CEO Tommi Kolehmainen says.
Amongst others at Smash is the sports business giant Amer Sports. "We understand the business opportunities brought about by digital developments and we want to be at the forefront of the innovation of new products and services to sport and physical activity, together with start-ups," says Amer Sports Chief Digital Officer Heikki Norta. "Smash and Slush represent a great place for us to make new contacts and initiate such co-operation."
Smash will be held the day before Slush, on Tuesday 29th November, 2016 at Kattilahalli in Suvilahti, Helsinki. "Slush week attracts more than 15 000 conference visitors and we are very pleased that alongside it other interesting events are created. Sports technology and sports business future-oriented Smash is a fantastic example of this development! ", Nicolas Dolenc, Slush vice president and executive producer says.
Tuesday 29.11.2016 Kattilahalli, Helsingin Suvilahdessa.
(Sörnäisten rantatie 22, 00540 Helsinki, Finland).
Tommi Kolehmainen (CEO)
+358 400 885 088
Hanna Iiskola-Kesonen (producer)
+358 400 569 792
Smash office: Eteläesplanadi 22 B, 00130 Helsinki, Finland
Julkaisijan muita tiedotteita
- 13.12.2016 11:05The sold out SMASH event got sports enthusiasts and technology experts together
- 09.12.2016 09:00Loppuunmyyty SMASH-tapahtuma kokosi urheiluväen ja teknologiaosaajat yhteen
- 24.11.2016 09:39The full SMASH program is now released: Google, The US Olympic Committee, Burst.com, British Cycling, Terveystalo, Ilmarinen…
- 27.04.2017 15:00Telelääketieteen hyödyntämisellä yli 100 miljoonan euron vuosittainen hyöty verenohennuslääkityksen seurannassa
- 27.04.2017 13:25Rescuebusters-mobiilipeli kutsuu Sinut Jätkäsaaren pelastusasemalle!
- 27.04.2017 10:02Mobiilitietoturva huolettaa yrityksissä, mutta varautuminen on silti puutteellista