- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1474) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2453) Biotekniikka (377) Elektroniikka (1618) Energia (2188) Hallitus ja valtio (4817) Hanketiedotteet (705) Häiriötiedotteet (764) Ilmailu (269) Kauppa (4325) Kaupungit ja kunnat (5726) Kemianteollisuus (385) Kiinteistöt (2597) Kotimaa (8812) Koulutus (8050) Kulttuuri ja taide (6492)
- Kustannustoiminta (1763) Käsityöt ja askartelu (493) Laki (1872) Lemmikit (354) Lifestyle (4293) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3384) Maanpuolustus (669) Maaseutu (1632) Maatalous (2025) Mainonta (1379) Markkinointi (2961) Matkailu (3099) Media (2641) Metalliteollisuus (792) Metsätalous (1123) Musiikki ja viihde (2601)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1656) Pankit ja rahoitus (988) Paperiteollisuus (344) Perhe (3162) Politiikka (4826) Puutarha (649) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (3778) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2529) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (132) Sisustaminen (1105) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (3858) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2635) Talous (8845) Telekommunikaatio (2175) Terveys (4931)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (4423) Tietokoneet (1197) Tietotekniikka (1935) Tuotanto (1563) Turvallisuus (2058) Työelämä (5472) Ulkomaat (1491) Urheilu (3444) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1235) Vakuutus (547) Valokuvaus (408) Vapaa-aika (5278) Veneily (363) Ympäristö ja luonto (6026) Yrittäjyys (773)
High scoring again on climate reporting in the CDP index
Published: 15-Oct-2014 03:31 pm
Publisher: Elisa Oyj
Press release, 15 October 2014
Once again, Elisa received an excellent score of 92/100 B in the Carbon Disclosure Project (CDP) index, which evaluates climate reporting. This score is a result of our long-term work to measure emissions and of understanding the industry's issues related to climate change.
- The role of the ICT industry in controlling climate change is significant and low emissions caused by our services is becoming increasingly important to our customers as well. Climate change is categorised as the single biggest risk that exists to the economy today by former U.S. Treasury Secretary Henry Paulson, says Elisa's Corporate Responsibility Manager Annukka Mickelsson.
For a long time, climate and environmental issues have been a natural part of everyday life at Elisa.
- We continue to invest in measuring and reporting the climate impact of our services, as well in better control of our carbon footprint, for the benefit of our customers.
Last year, Elisa started procuring certificates of origin of renewable energy for energy used in network and data centres. This had a significant and immediate impact on Elisa's direct carbon footprint, which was reduced by as much as 26 per cent in 2013. Environmental responsibility also incorporates material-efficient operations, proper processing of waste and recycling. Customers can recycle their old terminal devices at Elisa's stores.
- Last year our customers achieved emission savings of 21,965 tonnes on carbon dioxide using our low-emission services. This is equivalent to driving around the globe 3,300 times with an average European car. The biggest savings were achieved with solutions that replaced commuting and traveling on business trips and supported sharing materials between multiple sites, Mickelsson continues.
Every year 3,000 companies are included in CDP's reports globally. CDP report evaluates the transparency and quality of companies' emission reporting and their understanding of the effects of climate change on business. This year, 157 companies responded to the Nordic survey. The Nordic 260 report can be downloaded from www.cdproject.net
For more information on Elisa's environmental responsibility, go to: http://corporate.elisa.com/corporate-responsibility/
Elisa's corporate responsibility report for 2013: http://vuosikertomus.elisa.fi/responsibility
Elisa Corporation, Corporate Responsibility Manager Annukka Mickelsson, tel. +358 50 339 0963, email@example.com
Elisa is a telecommunications, ICT and online service company serving 2.3 million consumer, corporate and public administration organisation customers. Elisa provides environmentally sustainable services for communication and entertainment, and tools for improving operating methods and productivity of organisations. In Finland Elisa is the market leader in mobile subscriptions and fixed broadband subscriptions. Cooperation with Vodafone and Telenor enables international use of services. Elisa is listed on NASDAQ OMX Helsinki Large Cap with over 200 000 shareholders. Elisa's revenue in 2013 was 1.55 billion euros and it employed 4,200 people. www.elisa.com