Etusivu » Tiedotteet » Telekommunikaatio » Elisa’s new frequencies are bringing high-speed 4G LTE connections to the whole of Finland
Elisa’s new frequencies are bringing high-speed 4G LTE connections to the whole of Finland
Julkaistu: 30.10.2013 klo 15:00
Julkaisija: Elisa Oyj
Elisa Corporation, Press release 30 October 2013
Elisa managed to obtain the LTE frequencies it sought in the frequency auction that ended today. The 800 MHz frequency that will become available in 2014 allows Elisa to build an extremely fast 4G/LTE network in rural areas in a cost-effective way and to improve the coverage in urban areas. According to Elisa's estimate, building fast mobile networks will increase at a record rate in the coming years.
Elisa has brought 4G speeds to over 230 locations. The current frequencies enable the even faster LTE technology to be used in 70 locations. At the auction, Elisa managed to obtain the necessary additional frequencies that enable high-speed mobile broadband services to be provided nationwide.
- As a pioneer in Finnish mobile communications, we want to be the first to provide these new services and faster connections to our customers. LTE takes the user experience of fast mobile broadband to an entirely new level. With the new frequencies we obtained, we can expand the coverage of the current good 4G services and continue to increase the speed of wireless connections. The situation is similar to how UMTS900 multiplied the coverage of the 3G network in a short time, says Elisa's CEO Veli-Matti Mattila.
The 800 MHz frequencies will become available in 2014. Elisa will use the new frequencies primarily in rural areas and all frequencies in urban areas, depending on the situation.
- We will start building the new frequencies as soon as they become available. The project will last for several years and we will build the network according to customer demand. The goal is that the coverage of the 4G network will equal the coverage of the present 3G networks in the coming years.
Additional information and interview requests: Elisa Corporation, Communications, tel. +358 50 305 1605, firstname.lastname@example.org
4G in brief: 4G, or the fourth generation of mobile technology, is the successor to the currently widely used 3G technology. Elisa’s 4G subscriptions can utilise the LTE and HSDPA+ Dual Carrier technologies in addition to the traditional 3G technologies. 4G speeds can be used with smartphones, tablets and network dongles currently available from Elisa and Saunalahti that support 4G technology and always use the fastest connection in Elisa's network. Elisa's 4G speeds are available at over 230 locations, of which 70 allow LTE speeds to be used. Additional information: www.elisa.fi/4G
Elisa is a telecommunications, ICT and online service company which has 2.2 million consumer, corporate and public administration organisation customers. Elisa's services provide consumers with new opportunities for communication, learning and entertainment, and organisations with tools for developing operating methods and improving productivity. As the market leader Elisa invests about 200 million euros annually in Finland. Cooperation with Vodafone and Telenor enables international use of services. Elisa's revenue in 2012 was 1.55 billion euros and it employed 3,870 people. For more details, visit www.elisa.fi
Julkaisijan muita tiedotteita
- 01.12.2016 16:35Energiaomavarainen paikannusratkaisu ja älylukkoadapteri voittoon Elisan innovaatiokilpailussa
- 01.12.2016 08:00Elisan marraskuun myydyimmät puhelimet: Black Friday näkyi myyntipiikkinä, OnePlus-uutuus kympin kärkeen
- 29.11.2016 09:29Tervetuloa Robottipäivään Elisa Kulmaan 5.12. klo 15