- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1592) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2643) Biotekniikka (425) Elektroniikka (1754) Energia (2368) Hallitus ja valtio (5323) Hanketiedotteet (857) Häiriötiedotteet (861) Ilmailu (290) Kauppa (4647) Kaupungit ja kunnat (6915) Kemianteollisuus (426) Kiinteistöt (2884) Kotimaa (10469) Koulutus (8785) Kulttuuri ja taide (7368)
- Kustannustoiminta (2000) Käsityöt ja askartelu (564) Laki (2054) Lemmikit (399) Lifestyle (4763) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3725) Maanpuolustus (740) Maaseutu (1827) Maatalous (2175) Mainonta (1536) Markkinointi (3289) Matkailu (3438) Media (2947) Metalliteollisuus (837) Metsätalous (1222) Musiikki ja viihde (2882)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1798) Pankit ja rahoitus (1083) Paperiteollisuus (376) Perhe (3547) Politiikka (5273) Puutarha (713) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (4119) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2765) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (163) Sisustaminen (1213) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (4240) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2857) Talous (9667) Telekommunikaatio (2396) Terveys (5426)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (4890) Tietokoneet (1272) Tietotekniikka (2192) Tuotanto (1691) Turvallisuus (2315) Työelämä (5976) Ulkomaat (1636) Urheilu (4079) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1395) Vakuutus (622) Valokuvaus (449) Vapaa-aika (6125) Veneily (405) Ympäristö ja luonto (6612) Yrittäjyys (1056)
Etusivu » Tiedotteet » Telekommunikaatio » Elisa's innovation competition promotes the Internet of Things
Elisa's innovation competition promotes the Internet of Things
Published: 28-Apr-2015 01:39 pm
Publisher: Elisa Oyj
The Elisa IoT Innovation Challenge competition encourages companies to innovate and implement new kinds of networking devices and IoT apps. The company that implemented the best product will we rewarded at the Slush 2015 event with the main prize of EUR 50,000.
– There is a lot of talk about digitalisation, the Internet of Things, networked devices and their opportunities for companies, but regrettably often the discussion ends with promises. We want to offer companies the road to practice, right away today. We are therefore launching a product development competition which looks for new and creative ideas for the smart utilisation of the Internet of Things, describes Kari Terho, the VP in charge of Elisa IoT business.
Elisa IoT Innovation Challenge is a product development competition of six months, which was launched on 9 April 2015. The competition starts with a brainstorming phase, during which participant candidates may produce ideas and propose products or solutions related to the Internet of Things or the industrial Internet. The competition ideas shall be submitted to Elisa by 15 May 2015.
Elisa's jury will select 12 most interesting ideas from the proposals submitted by the time limit for the actual competition. An Elisa IoT development environment where the ideas will be transformed to products will be offered for the use of participant companies free of charge. Free usage training of five days will also be provided for the participants.
Three most advanced IoT products will enter the final and be introduced at the Nordic Digital Business Summit 2015 event. The Elisa IoT Innovation Challenge competition will climax in November in the Slush 2015 event, where the winner will be rewarded with the main prize of EUR 50,000.
– The Internet of Things is the next large change in technology, whose economic impact will be comparable to the upheaval that the Internet brought about in banking and all kinds of service business, for example. With the ongoing changes, both the industrial and consumer services markets will be redistributed, so companies on the move at the right time with an innovative idea will win. Opportunities must be grasped, says Heikki Ailisto, research professor at VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd, encouragingly.
Submission of competition ideas and queries for additional information: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kari Terho, Vice President, Elisa Corporate Customers, tel. +358 50 506 6906, email@example.com
Elisa IoT™ is a cloud-based, modular service package and development platform that enables a flexible and scaling manner of creating and commercialising various IoT services and networking devices without large-scale and long-term IT product development projects. Elisa IoT software development utilises the codeless tools and open programming interfaces of the world's leading IoT platform suppliers, which speed up product development by several times. Elisa IoT offers comprehensive services from device-independent connections to device management, data gathering, analysis and visualisation, which allow management of business operations using real-time information. The service package also includes ensuring data security and round-the-clock monitoring. www.elisa.fi/iot
Elisa is a telecommunications, ICT and online service company serving 2.3 million consumer, corporate and public administration organisation customers. Elisa provides environmentally sustainable services for communication and entertainment, and tools for improving operating methods and productivity of organisations. In Finland Elisa is the market leader in mobile subscriptions. Cooperation with Vodafone and Telenor enables globally competitive services. Elisa is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Large Cap with over 200 000 shareholders. Elisa's revenue in 2014 was 1.54 billion euros and it employed 4,100 people. www.elisa.com