- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1471) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2450) Biotekniikka (375) Elektroniikka (1618) Energia (2181) Hallitus ja valtio (4810) Hanketiedotteet (702) Häiriötiedotteet (762) Ilmailu (268) Kauppa (4318) Kaupungit ja kunnat (5713) Kemianteollisuus (384) Kiinteistöt (2593) Kotimaa (8790) Koulutus (8040) Kulttuuri ja taide (6481)
- Kustannustoiminta (1757) Käsityöt ja askartelu (493) Laki (1870) Lemmikit (354) Lifestyle (4288) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3377) Maanpuolustus (668) Maaseutu (1630) Maatalous (2025) Mainonta (1379) Markkinointi (2959) Matkailu (3097) Media (2641) Metalliteollisuus (790) Metsätalous (1123) Musiikki ja viihde (2598)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1654) Pankit ja rahoitus (986) Paperiteollisuus (342) Perhe (3159) Politiikka (4819) Puutarha (649) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (3771) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2527) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (132) Sisustaminen (1103) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (3856) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2632) Talous (8830) Telekommunikaatio (2172) Terveys (4928)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (4416) Tietokoneet (1195) Tietotekniikka (1929) Tuotanto (1557) Turvallisuus (2052) Työelämä (5463) Ulkomaat (1488) Urheilu (3440) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1234) Vakuutus (545) Valokuvaus (408) Vapaa-aika (5267) Veneily (362) Ympäristö ja luonto (6018) Yrittäjyys (770)
Etusivu » Tiedotteet » Telekommunikaatio » Elisa to design and pilot e-government services in Zambia
Elisa to design and pilot e-government services in Zambia
Published: 11-Dec-2014 09:30 am
Publisher: Elisa Oyj
Elisa and ZamPost have reached an agreement to design, build and pilot integrated e-government services for Zambian citizens.
Elisa and the Zambia Postal Services Corporation (ZamPost) have agreed to start the development, targeting the delivery of digital services for Zambian citizens.
– Our vision is to digitally transform Zambia’s government services to improve interaction between our citizens and the government. This will help create companies, jobs and knowledge, and help to increase the role of the private sector in our national development reform programme, says Dr. Roland Msiska, Secretary to Cabinet.
Elisa will design a robust, scalable and cost-efficient service ecosystem and digital platform upon which many kinds of governmental services can be built.
– It gives us a great pleasure to be a main partner in digitalizing Zambia´s governmental services. This will further emphasize the significance of our efforts in the area of new ICT and online services, and although Elisa is better known as the leader of telecom services in the Finnish market, we are not going to act as a carrier in Zambia. Our heritage in telecom will help us to build innovative, high quality environments and services in order to improve Zambia´s productivity via digitalized services, says Timo Katajisto, EVP of corporate customers at Elisa.
The already underway pilot project has two phases. After the design phase, Elisa will develop and deliver 3-4 selected services to three pilot post offices who will in turn offer the services to local citizens through Elisa’s self-service kiosks. Zambia’s long-term goal is to digitalize all 140 post offices and to offer tens of digital governmental services to local businesses and citizens around the country.
– On behalf of Team Finland I'm delighted to see the launch of this new strategic partnership and flagship case between Zampost and Elisa. The Team Finland network in Finland and especially our team in Zambia has done a lot to support the creation of these kinds of new partnerships between Finland and Zambia, says Jaani Heinonen, Director of Team Finland.
The Team Finland network promotes Finland and its interests abroad. At the heart of the Team Finland network there are several Ministries including their agencies such as the Ministry of Employment and the Economy, the Ministry for Foreign Affairs and the Ministry of Education and Culture.
Dr. Roland Msiska, Secretary to Cabinet, Zambia
Mr. Risto Ojanperä, VP corporate customers, Elisa, +358 50 5068 178, email@example.com
Elisa is a telecommunications, ICT and online service company serving 2.3 million consumer, corporate and public administration organisation customers. Elisa provides environmentally sustainable services for communication and entertainment, and delivers tools for improving operating methods and productivity of organisations. Elisa is the market leader in mobile subscriptions and fixed broadband subscriptions in Finland. Cooperation with Vodafone and Telenor enables international use of services. Elisa is listed on the Nasdaq Helsinki Large Cap with over 200 000 shareholders. Elisa's revenue in 2013 was 1.55 billion euros and it employed 4,200 people. www.elisa.com
The Team Finland network promotes Finland and its interests abroad: Finland's external economic relations, the internationalization of Finnish enterprises, investments in Finland and the country brand. The Team Finland operating model brings together key actors in these fields both at home and abroad. At the heart of the Team Finland network are several Ministries together with publicly funded bodies and Finnish offices abroad, all operating under the ministries’ guidance. The actors are guided by shared goals annually approved by the Government. www.team.finland.fi