Kela will today launch the new web pages about the social assistance. At the same time, the home page of kela.fi will receive a new look.
The new web pages about the social assistance are available in Finnish, Swedish and English. The pages contain, for instance, a quick guide which in a convenient way provides general information about the benefit and the application procedure.
The contents of the pages give an extensive overview of the benefit. Important information is also available at Types of expenses for which you can get social assistance and How to apply.
Representatives for the municipalities have also been involved in the process. Information about the division of responsibilities between Kela and the municipalities as regards social assistance is available at Overview of social assistance.
On the page How to apply you find the application forms, which Kela will start receiving as of 1 December. The links to the online service will be published 12 December, and the online service for the social assistance will also be launched then.
The clients have also been involved
The clients have also been involved in the process already at the planning stage. A usability test was arranged. The test persons were Kela's customers who have received or receive social assistance.
– The test aimed to find out whether the clients find the information they need, whether they understand the information and can act on it, says Satu Kontiainen, Communications Specialist at Kela.
– The clients provided us with useful information for the finalising of the pages. The test persons thought that the quick guide was especially useful and handy.
New fresh redesign for kela.fi
In connection with the publication of the pages about the social assistance the layout of the whole website has been redesigned. Päivi Bergman, Web Communications Manager, explains that the new layout is fresh and modern.
– At the top of the home page there is space to highlight interesting and topical contents from the website. They provide, for instance, practical hints for your contacts with Kela. The highlighted contents change a couple of times per month.
The online service is also more prominent on the new home page.
– Almost half of the users access Kela's website with a telephone or tablet. Therefore the aim was to make the online service more prominent.
– Kela's services were categorised into two clear groups: Online service and Customer service.
Kela's online service is becoming more and more popular. Already 65 % of the applications are filed online.
Additional information for customers:
Web pages about the social assistance www.kela.fi/web/en/social-assistance
Kela’s customer service number 020 634 2550 will provide service in matters related to social assistance starting 12 December.
© Koodiviidakko Oy - Y-tunnus 1939962-1