- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1471) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2450) Biotekniikka (375) Elektroniikka (1618) Energia (2181) Hallitus ja valtio (4810) Hanketiedotteet (702) Häiriötiedotteet (762) Ilmailu (268) Kauppa (4318) Kaupungit ja kunnat (5713) Kemianteollisuus (384) Kiinteistöt (2593) Kotimaa (8790) Koulutus (8040) Kulttuuri ja taide (6481)
- Kustannustoiminta (1757) Käsityöt ja askartelu (493) Laki (1870) Lemmikit (354) Lifestyle (4288) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3377) Maanpuolustus (668) Maaseutu (1630) Maatalous (2025) Mainonta (1379) Markkinointi (2959) Matkailu (3097) Media (2641) Metalliteollisuus (790) Metsätalous (1123) Musiikki ja viihde (2598)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1654) Pankit ja rahoitus (986) Paperiteollisuus (342) Perhe (3159) Politiikka (4819) Puutarha (649) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (3771) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2527) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (132) Sisustaminen (1103) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (3856) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2632) Talous (8830) Telekommunikaatio (2172) Terveys (4928)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (4416) Tietokoneet (1195) Tietotekniikka (1929) Tuotanto (1557) Turvallisuus (2052) Työelämä (5463) Ulkomaat (1488) Urheilu (3440) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1234) Vakuutus (545) Valokuvaus (408) Vapaa-aika (5267) Veneily (362) Ympäristö ja luonto (6018) Yrittäjyys (770)
Etusivu » Tiedotteet » Rakentaminen » Environmental Contribution of the Year 2015 Award goes to Agnico Eagle Finland Oy's Kittilä mine
Environmental Contribution of the Year 2015 Award goes to Agnico Eagle Finland Oy's Kittilä mine
Published: 20-May-2015 10:54 am
Publisher: Tampereen Messut
EUROMINING 2015 HAS BROUGHT MINING EXPERTS TO TAMPERE
The EuroMining Opening Seminar kicked off the international mining technology trade fair EuroMining 2015 at the Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre on Wednesday 20 May. The opening speech was given by Ari Juva, Secretary General of the Finnish Association of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers. Environmental Contribution of the Year 2015 Award goes to Agnico Eagle Finland Oy's Kittilä mine. Now held for the second time, the EuroMining has become more international. There is 127 exhibitors from 17 countries.
The EuroMining opening seminar included the presentation of the Environmental Contribution of the Year 2015 Award to Agnico Eagle Finland Oy's Kittilä mine. Agnico Eagle Finland Oy is a subsidiary of Canadian gold-mining company Agnico Eagle Mines Limited. Agnico Eagle Finland Oy engages actively in mineral exploration in Finland and other Nordic countries and the Kittilä mine owned by the company is the largest operating gold mine in Europe. The award recipient is selected by the EuroMining Delegation which this year consisted of Elias Ekdahl (Director General Emeritus), Mika Riipi (County Governor of the Regional Council of Lapland), Sakari Kallo (Chairman of the Finnish Association of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers) and Teija Lahti-Nuuttila (Director of the TEKES Green Mining programme). The award presented by Elias Ekdahl was accepted at the opening seminar by Anita Alajoutsijärvi, Agnico Eagle Finland Oy's Manager of Sustainable Development.
– The Environmental Contribution of the Year Award is given to a mining industry operator that pays attention to environmental matters in an exemplary manner. The EuroMining 2015 Delegation has decided to give the award to Agnico Eagle Finland Oy's Kittilä mine. Agnico Eagle has managed to build the Kittilä mine and put it into operation in a short period of time. The geologically promising project was a rather challenging equation from the perspective of mining and mineral processing technology, but the company managed to solve it successfully, simultaneously ensuring a high level of environmental protection. Agnico Eagle has added a human-centred aspect to the concept of sustainable mining and within a short period of time the company has achieved a position to which other mining companies in Finland are often compared. The mine has also been successful in terms of environmental protection and the development thereof, which has shown that mining can be carried out in a sustainable manner. The Kittilä mine is strongly committed to responsible mining, which refers to setting an example in caring for the environment, safety, personnel and the surrounding community, from the mine to the local residents and the entire region, says Director General Emeritus Elias Ekdahl, who presented the award.
– It’s a great honour for us to receive this Environmental Contribution of the year 2015 award. It confirms to us that the measures we have taken, and the path we are on are the right ones. As well it encourages us to continue to strive to improve our mining operation in Finland. Sustainable mining is not only environment and safety management, it is also about good and open relations and a dialog with the communities and all stakeholders. Agnico Eagle Mines Limited is applying Sustainable Development Policies at all of its mines, in Canada, Mexico as well as in Finland. Agnico Eagle’s Kittilä Mine is also involved in the Finnish Network for Sustainable Mining project, that has been initiated by the Finnish Innovation Fund (Sitra). The aim of the Network is to develop a voluntary, national Sustainability Standard for the Finnish mines. The work is based on the Mine Association of Canada’s TSM (Towards Sustainable Mining) initiative. Implementation of this standard shows that the Finnish mining industry wants to exceed legislation requirements, increase transparency as well as reporting to all stakeholders, says Sustainable Development Manager Anita Alajoutsijärvi.
The Environmental Contribution of the Year Award was now given for the second time. The first award was given at the EuroMining 2013 Trade Fair to drilling contractor Oy Kati Ab. Further information about the recipient of the Environmental Contribution of the Year 2015 Award: www.agnicoeagle.fi.
The Opening Seminar will bring up topical themes
The EuroMining Opening Seminar to be held on Wednesday 20 May from 10 am until 1 pm will provide an overview of the current themes within the industry through speeches by various experts: ”How to fully exploit opportunities offered by pan-European network of excellence - EIT raw materials”, Erja Turunen, Vice President, VTT, Research, Smart Industry and energy systems, “Global Commodity and Financing Trends for Mining Industry”, Tuomo Mäkelä, President, Outokumpu Mining Oy, “Capital raising and listing sentiment on Nordic exchanges”, Erja Retzén, Managing Director, Nasdaq Nordic, Listings & Capital Markets, “Using system dynamic models in analyzing mining investments: what, how, and why?”, Mikael Collan, Professor of Strategic Finance at Lappeenranta University of Technology. The chair for the seminar will be Reijo Ruokanen, Editor-in-Chief of Talouselämä, Fakta and Markkinointi & Mainonta magazines.
A diverse selection of seminars and information sessions at the EuroMining Trade Fair
The EuroMining Trade Fair will offer topical information sessions and seminars on both Wednesday and Thursday. Tekes and Spinverse Oy will hold a seminar on both days entitled Tekes Green Mining Programme Presents: Water and emissions seminar. On Wednesday the seminar programme will also include Tekir Oy's panel discussion with the theme “How to communicate locally?” On Thursday, Vuoriteknikot ry will hold a seminar about the future visions of mining. Further information about the seminar programme and information sessions: www.euromining.fi (Programme).
The EuroMining Trade Fair brings together mining, quarrying, geology, beneficiation and processing and metallurgy industry professionals. The event will provide an overview of the entire production chain's main prospects. The EuroMining Trade Fair is organized by Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd together with the Finnish Association of Mining and Metallurgical Engineers and the Tekes Green Mining programme.
EuroMining is a trade fair for mining technology and it showcases new solutions, machines, equipment as well as products and services needed for mining. The event offers the participants an opportunity to establish international contacts, explore new products and services and to discuss future solutions. In addition to Finland, there will be exhibitors from Australia, Belgium, South Africa, the UK, Italy, Austria, Canada, China, Norway, France, Sweden, Germany, the Czech Republic, Turkey, Ukraine and the United States.
EuroMining 2015 Program:
Photos and videos, Press Releases, Media accreditation:
www.euromining.fi (In English, Media)
FURTHER INFORMATION: www.euromining.fi
Twitter: @TampereenMessut, #EuroMining
Tampere Trade Fairs Ltd, www.tampereenmessut.fi
Mikael Wänskä, Project Manager, tel. +358 40 350 0445,
Raimo Pylvänäinen, Project Manager, tel. +358 400 671 923,
Tanja Järvensivu, Communications Manager, tel. +358 50 536 8133,
Meri Mattila, Communications Assistant, tel. +358 400 914 877,
Julkaisijan muita tiedotteita
- 23.01.2017 13:07Autoveron poisto, liikenneverkkoyhtiö ja GPS-pohjainen auton käyttömaksu - päivän polttavimmat puheenaiheet
- 23.01.2017 12:27Caruna mukana Suomen ensimmäisen Joutsenmerkityn omakotitalon toteutuksessa
- 23.01.2017 11:21Asta Rakentaja: Päivitystä työkalupakkiin ja ideoita kotiin – keskiössä sisäilma