- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1471) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2450) Biotekniikka (375) Elektroniikka (1618) Energia (2181) Hallitus ja valtio (4810) Hanketiedotteet (702) Häiriötiedotteet (762) Ilmailu (268) Kauppa (4318) Kaupungit ja kunnat (5713) Kemianteollisuus (384) Kiinteistöt (2593) Kotimaa (8790) Koulutus (8040) Kulttuuri ja taide (6481)
- Kustannustoiminta (1757) Käsityöt ja askartelu (493) Laki (1870) Lemmikit (354) Lifestyle (4288) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3377) Maanpuolustus (668) Maaseutu (1630) Maatalous (2025) Mainonta (1379) Markkinointi (2959) Matkailu (3097) Media (2641) Metalliteollisuus (790) Metsätalous (1123) Musiikki ja viihde (2598)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1654) Pankit ja rahoitus (986) Paperiteollisuus (342) Perhe (3159) Politiikka (4819) Puutarha (649) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (3771) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2527) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (132) Sisustaminen (1103) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (3856) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2632) Talous (8830) Telekommunikaatio (2172) Terveys (4928)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (4416) Tietokoneet (1195) Tietotekniikka (1929) Tuotanto (1557) Turvallisuus (2052) Työelämä (5463) Ulkomaat (1488) Urheilu (3440) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1234) Vakuutus (545) Valokuvaus (408) Vapaa-aika (5267) Veneily (362) Ympäristö ja luonto (6018) Yrittäjyys (770)
Etusivu » Tiedotteet » Kotimaa » A two-euro commemorative coin will be released on 16 June 2014. Tove Jansson to feature on two-euro commemorative coin
A two-euro commemorative coin will be released on 16 June 2014. Tove Jansson to feature on two-euro commemorative coin
Published: 16-May-2014 09:13 am
Publisher: Suomen Rahapaja Oy
The first two-euro commemorative coin of 2014 will pay tribute to author and artist Tove Jansson. The coin will be released on 16 June. A total of 1.5 million commemorative Tove Jansson coins will be released into circulation.
Mint of Finland has minted silver commemorative coins for Tove Jansson (9 August 1914 – 27 June 2001) in 2014 and 2004.
”It is a great honour that Tove has received two commemorative coins and now this special two-euro coin. This puts Tove Jansson's position as a respected and acknowledged artist and author beyond a shadow of a doubt. This is also indicated by the fact that she is being so diversely and widely celebrated during the Tove100 jubilee year,” says Sophia Jansson, Tove Jansson's niece and the artistic director of Moomin Characters.
In August 2014, one hundred years will have passed from the birth of Tove Jansson. This anniversary is celebrated by Tove100 jubilee year events in Finland and abroad.
Jansson is one of the internationally best known Finnish authors. She is best remembered for her independent and stubborn Moomin characters with their complex and quite inimitable world view.
The two-euro commemorative coin will enter general circulation
The national side of this special euro coin is designed by Jari Lepistö after Tove Jansson's self-portrait. The commemorative coin's reverse is identical to that of ordinary two-euro circulation coins.
A total of 1.5 million two-euro Tove Jansson special coins will be struck, 11,000 of which will be minted in proof quality. Commemorative coins are legal tender in all euro countries. The commemorative coin can be obtained as change in regular circulation, or it can be purchased from the Mint of Finland online shop and from retailers.
”The first commemorative two-euro coin was minted in Finland in 2004. Due to their small mintages, these coins have become sought-after collector's items. The commemorative coins have achieved great popularity, and people of all ages collect them around the world. Some collectors consider it important to obtain the coin from circulation, but it is easier to purchase the special coin in polished proof quality from numismatic shops or the Mint of Finland online shop,” says Mint of Finland CEO Paul Gustafsson.
Mint of Finland is offering the commemorative coins individually in proof quality (EUR 24), in purses of 10 freshly minted UNC-quality coins (EUR 41), and in rolls of 25 freshly minted UNC coins (EUR 90).
Each euro country is allowed to release two commemorative coins into circulation each year, and Finland plans to release the full quota of two Finnish two-euro commemorative coins in 2014.
For more information, please contact:
Communications and Marketing Designer
Mint of Finland
+358 400 211 066
Mint of Finland Group designs, markets and manufactures metal coins, blanks, and collector and gift coins along with coin sets. Mint of Finland Group is the strongest mint in the Eurozone as well as one of the biggest exporters of coins worldwide. The company is owned by the Republic of Finland. Saxonia Mint of Finland is a subsidiary of Mint of Finland. You can see how coins are produced at the About a Coin exhibition at the Heureka Science Centre. For more information about the 2014 events, please visit www.mint.fi
Julkaisijan muita tiedotteita
- 03.01.2017 08:40Suomi on tänään julkaissut juhlarahat satavuotisen itsenäisyyden kunniaksi
- 30.11.2016 15:04Itsenäisen satavuotiaan Suomen juhlarahojen mallikappaleet lyötiin tänään Vantaalla
- 30.11.2016 14:48Samples of the collector coins celebrating Finland's 100 years of independence were minted today in Vantaa