- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1370) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2281) Biotekniikka (354) Elektroniikka (1511) Energia (2055) Hallitus ja valtio (4387) Hanketiedotteet (566) Häiriötiedotteet (669) Ilmailu (257) Kauppa (4041) Kaupungit ja kunnat (4785) Kemianteollisuus (363) Kiinteistöt (2357) Kotimaa (7464) Koulutus (7494) Kulttuuri ja taide (5870)
- Kustannustoiminta (1587) Käsityöt ja askartelu (448) Laki (1660) Lemmikit (335) Lifestyle (3962) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3067) Maanpuolustus (618) Maaseutu (1501) Maatalous (1913) Mainonta (1274) Markkinointi (2701) Matkailu (2833) Media (2436) Metalliteollisuus (752) Metsätalous (1041) Musiikki ja viihde (2391)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1526) Pankit ja rahoitus (904) Paperiteollisuus (319) Perhe (2865) Politiikka (4498) Puutarha (638) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (3508) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2361) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (118) Sisustaminen (1051) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (3517) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2445) Talous (8218) Telekommunikaatio (2017) Terveys (4517)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (3996) Tietokoneet (1122) Tietotekniikka (1720) Tuotanto (1454) Turvallisuus (1847) Työelämä (5042) Ulkomaat (1377) Urheilu (2938) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1088) Vakuutus (479) Valokuvaus (376) Vapaa-aika (4620) Veneily (333) Ympäristö ja luonto (5600) Yrittäjyys (522)
Etusivu » Tiedotteet » Telekommunikaatio » Elisa’s responsibility report: Record-breaking results in carbon dioxide emission reductions and staff satisfaction in 2015
Elisa’s responsibility report: Record-breaking results in carbon dioxide emission reductions and staff satisfaction in 2015
Published: 09-Mar-2016 09:15 am
Publisher: Elisa Oyj
Elisa Corporation press release, 9 March 2016
Elisa's mission as a Finnish pioneer in telecommunications, ICT and online services is to promote sustainable digitalisation by continuously improving the reliability, security and availability of our services, as well as reducing their climate impact. We also focus on staff satisfaction. Record-breaking results were achieved again in 2015 by using renewable energy in Finland and Estonia, new working methods and working remotely in a flexible way.
Elisa has a major impact on Finnish society through investments, jobs, corporate taxes and dividends. Regarding environmental impact, responsibility for the climate is underlined in Elisa’s operations and services rendered to customers.
Elisa's carbon footprint was reduced by an impressive 76% in 2015. This is equivalent to driving 6,500 times around the world by car. The record-breaking result was affected considerably by the procurement of renewable energy, already used by Elisa in Finland since 2014, and introduced by Elisa Estonia last year.
“We help customers reduce their carbon footprint with services that enable them to have efficient, environmentally sound operations. So far, the biggest carbon dioxide emission reductions enabled by Elisa for its customers are based on using virtual interaction solutions that replace physical travelling. The Elisa IoT service platform, introduced last year, gives customers new, smart ways of doing things in a resource-wise, climate-friendly way”, says Minna Kröger, Corporate Responsibility Director at Elisa.
Digital opportunities also involve risks. Elisa established a new cybersecurity centre in 2015, where customers are provided with a service that offers preventive, real-time protection in regard to identifying and eliminating different kinds of risks. Elisa also continuously invests in staff training and know-how related to data security and protection.
An all-time record was set in staff satisfaction. Elisa has systematically measured the resource index since 2005, and the measurement period’s best result in staff satisfaction was achieved last year: 3.99 (scale: 1–5).
The purpose of Elisa’s annual responsibility report is to transparently address the success stories, challenges and goals related to essential themes. Stakeholder interaction is a key element of Elisa's corporate responsibility development.
“We implemented an extensive stakeholder survey in the autumn of 2015. It shows that Elisa’s most important corporate responsibility themes are data security and privacy protection, financial responsibility, energy efficiency, climate change mitigation, as well as service availability, reliability and accessibility,” says Kröger.
Elisa's third confirmed responsibility report (complying with GRI G4 Core) was published today and is available in Finnish and English at http://vuosikertomus.elisa.fi/
Key figures for 2015 (comparison figure for 2014):
- Customer emission reductions through Elisa’s solutions: 32,313 tCO2 (30,971), where
- 26,447 tCO2 (26,921) was from using virtual interaction solutions
- 5,563 tCO2 (4,001) through cloud services
- Elisa’s carbon footprint decreased by 76%: 13,478 tCO2 (56,475)
- 75 remote workdays per Elisa employee (70)
- 211,224 virtual training sessions (202,771)
- 914 tCO2 reduction from digital deliveries (823)
- Elisa's climate report was given a full 100/100 rating in the international CDP report (92/100). The average for Nordic companies was 84.
- The resource index, measuring staff satisfaction, was 3.99/5 (3.89)
- EUR 196 million (191) of investments in communication network construction and maintenance
- EUR 345 million (330) of taxes paid and similar costs in Finland
- Elisa was the 10th largest corporate tax payer in Finland, at EUR 56 million (59)
Additional information: Elisa Corporation, Corporate Responsibility Director Minna Kröger, tel. +358 50 572 7620, email@example.com
Elisa is a telecommunications, ICT and online service company serving 2.3 million consumer, corporate and public administration organisation customers. Elisa provides environmentally sustainable services for communication and entertainment, and tools for improving operating methods and productivity of organisations. In Finland Elisa is the market leader in mobile subscriptions. Cooperation with Vodafone and Telenor enables globally competitive services. Elisa is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Large Cap with over 200 000 shareholders. Elisa's revenue in 2015 was 1.57 billion euros and it employed 4,100 people. www.elisa.com
CDP, formerly Carbon Disclosure Project, is an international, not-for-profit organization providing the only global system for companies and cities to measure, disclose, manage and share vital environmental information. CDP works with market forces, including 822 institutional investors with assets of €86 trillion, to motivate companies to disclose their impacts on the environment and natural resources and take action to reduce them. More than 5,500 companies disclosed environmental information through CDP in 2015. CDP now holds the largest collection globally of primary climate change, water and forest risk commodities information and puts these insights at the heart of strategic business, investment and policy decisions. Please visit www.cdp.net or follow us @CDP to find out more.
Julkaisijan muita tiedotteita
- 21.10.2016 10:00Elisa parantaa SveaTV:n näkyvyyttä Luodonjärvellä – Elisa förbättrar SveaTV:s täckning kring Larsmosjön
- 18.10.2016 09:00Terveydenhuolto digitalisoituu nyt vauhdilla
- 12.10.2016 10:00A virtual butler or an energy self-sufficient positioning device? Elisa’s innovation competition has reached the finals stage