- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1370) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2281) Biotekniikka (354) Elektroniikka (1511) Energia (2055) Hallitus ja valtio (4387) Hanketiedotteet (566) Häiriötiedotteet (669) Ilmailu (257) Kauppa (4041) Kaupungit ja kunnat (4785) Kemianteollisuus (363) Kiinteistöt (2357) Kotimaa (7464) Koulutus (7494) Kulttuuri ja taide (5870)
- Kustannustoiminta (1587) Käsityöt ja askartelu (448) Laki (1660) Lemmikit (335) Lifestyle (3962) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3067) Maanpuolustus (618) Maaseutu (1501) Maatalous (1913) Mainonta (1274) Markkinointi (2701) Matkailu (2833) Media (2436) Metalliteollisuus (752) Metsätalous (1041) Musiikki ja viihde (2391)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1526) Pankit ja rahoitus (904) Paperiteollisuus (319) Perhe (2865) Politiikka (4498) Puutarha (638) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (3508) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2361) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (118) Sisustaminen (1051) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (3517) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2445) Talous (8218) Telekommunikaatio (2017) Terveys (4517)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (3996) Tietokoneet (1122) Tietotekniikka (1720) Tuotanto (1454) Turvallisuus (1847) Työelämä (5042) Ulkomaat (1377) Urheilu (2938) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1088) Vakuutus (479) Valokuvaus (376) Vapaa-aika (4620) Veneily (333) Ympäristö ja luonto (5600) Yrittäjyys (522)
Etusivu » Tiedotteet » Telekommunikaatio » Elisa Innovation Challenge became an international contest
Elisa Innovation Challenge became an international contest
Published: 17-Aug-2016 02:45 pm
Publisher: Elisa Oyj
Elisa Innovation Challenge competition, in search of new success products for the Internet of Things and Smart Home solutions, has proceeded to the product development phase. The competition, which has expanded to an international one, received nearly 100 competition ideas from 16 countries.
The product development phase of the Elisa Innovation Challenge competition has been initiated with the help of 19 approved contestants.
This year, the competition that was newly made international received applications from 16 countries, all the way from Singapore to the United States. The jury processed altogether 97 applications, and 19 contestants in total from 7 different countries were selected for the finals.
– Last year, the competition gained a lot of attention also abroad. Making the competition international was a natural step, because often true success can be found by reaching directly for the world market. An international competition is good for all parties, says Markku Hollström, the Vice President responsible for Elisa’s IoT project.
– We were particularly surprised by the international interest in our new Smart Homes series. Digital solutions helping with living and daily chores are still few and far between, and we look forward to seeing what the contestants have created. Technology creates many possibilities, but an ordinary person’s perspective is needed to succeed, says Matias Castrén, Business Director at Elisa.
The 8-week product development phase for Elisa Innovation Challenge was launched on Tuesday 16 August. In the beginning of October, the jury will select three best products in the IoT and Smart Home series for the finals, which will culminate in a pitching contest and announcing the winners on the stage at the Slush event in November-December. The best products will be awarded prizes worth EUR 85,000 in total.
Short descriptions of the ideas participating in the competition have been listed below per series.
Participants in the IoT series
Measuring, monitoring and predicting air quality both indoors and outdoors, utilising networked sensors.
Delta Cygni Labs
Utilising augmented reality and virtual presence in maintenance and providing advice.
A location service with an energy self-sufficient device for monitoring logistics, devices and goods.
Easy-to-install wireless motion and vibration transducers for foreseeing breakdown of industrial devices.
An animal sensor network to be placed along the roads that inform the drivers about elk and deer on the road by alerting a mobile application used by drivers.
Utilising an acoustic camera in locating defects and problems in industrial environments.
Measuring and monitoring the quality of milk during the production chain.
Participants in the Smart Home series
Anspirit Tio is an IoT ecosystem intended for making household routines easier with the combination of an intelligent human-like assistant and home automation.
Resonance AI is a self-learning system developed by Atooma, which facilitates and automates the combination of different smart devices and home automation.
A device that serves as the centre of Smart Home, combining different sensors, devices and services into a smart home automation solution.
A smart control device operating with solar power that automates the adjustment of window blinds in order to improve living comfort and save energy.
A smart radiator control system to reduce household heating expenses.
A smart locking system and key cabinet for homes that can be opened with a PIN code or Bluetooth connection. The service can be directly integrated with the Airbnb booking system.
A keyless locking system that changes the existing household locks to be opened with a mobile phone.
An IoT device to facilitate communication between friends and family who live far apart, making those far away a part of every-day life in the household.
Minut Point is a new and easy home security device that observes the events in the household without cameras or complicated device installations.
Älliseinä by Affectones is a virtual butler that facilitates planning and arranging activities for busy families.
A smart energy management system that combines the household heating and cooling systems into the power distribution network so that consumption can be controlled by taking consumption peaks into consideration.
An easy-to-install smart lock adapter, the use of which does not require exchanging the traditional key-operated locking system.
Further information about the competition:
Elisa IoT Innovation Challenge competition:
Ville Landtman, tel. 050 5608821, firstname.lastname@example.org
Elisa Smart Home Innovation Challenge competition:
Heini Lehtonen, tel. 050 1683, email@example.com
Elisa is a telecommunications, ICT and online service company serving 2.3 million consumer, corporate and public administration organisation customers. Elisa provides environmentally sustainable services for communication and entertainment, and tools for improving operating methods and productivity of organisations. In Finland Elisa is the market leader in mobile subscriptions. Cooperation with Vodafone and Telenor enables globally competitive services. Elisa is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Large Cap with over 200 000 shareholders. Elisa's revenue in 2015 was 1.57 billion euros and it employed 4,100 people. www.elisa.com
Julkaisijan muita tiedotteita
- 21.10.2016 10:00Elisa parantaa SveaTV:n näkyvyyttä Luodonjärvellä – Elisa förbättrar SveaTV:s täckning kring Larsmosjön
- 18.10.2016 09:00Terveydenhuolto digitalisoituu nyt vauhdilla
- 12.10.2016 10:00A virtual butler or an energy self-sufficient positioning device? Elisa’s innovation competition has reached the finals stage