EVLI BANK S INTERIM REPORT 1-9/2014: Strong growth in profit
Published: 24-Oct-2014 02:00 pm
Publisher: Evli Pankki Oyj
- The Group’s net commission income for the review period rose by 18 percent and was EUR 40.5 million (1-9/2013: EUR 34.4 million).
- The Group’s net revenue for the review period increased by 13.4 percent and was EUR 46.4 million (EUR 40.9 million).
- The Group’s operating profit was EUR 9.1 million (EUR 5.4 million).
- The Group’s profit for the review period was EUR 7.2 million (EUR 4.4 million).
- Net assets under management showed good growth during the period and totaled EUR 6.3 billion (EUR 5.4 billion) at the end of September.
- Evli Bank’s liquidity is good and its capital adequacy remained at a high level.
- The company has earned significant recognition for its portfolio management and asset management. Evli was selected as the second-best fixed income portfolio manager in Europe in a Morningstar comparison, and came out as the top asset manager on the basis of several measures in TNS Sifo Prospera’s External Asset Management study.
“Evli achieved solid financial performance during the review period. Revenue grew by 13 percent, net commission income by 18 percent, and operating profit growth accelerated to 69 percent. The proportion of recurring revenue to the Group’s overall expenses rose by 7 percentage points on the previous year to 82 percent. The improvement is a result of growth in advisory and asset management fees. Client assets under management increased by 17 percent year on year and totaled EUR 6.3 billion. I am especially pleased with the improvement in profitability (20 percent of net revenue) and with the 18 percent return on equity.” Maunu Lehtimäki, CEO, Evli Bank Plc
The year-end outlook has improved
Earnings for 2014 are expected to be better than in the previous year. This view is supported by the positive earnings performance in the early part of the year and the fact that recurring revenue covers a substantial portion of the company’s overall costs.
Maunu Lehtimäki, CEO, Evli Bank Plc
tel. +358 (0)9 4766 9304 or +358 (0)50 553 3000
Juho Mikola, CFO, Evli Bank Plc
Tel. +358 (0)9 4766 9871 or +358 (0)40 717 8888
Evli Bank Plc
Evli is a Finnish private bank specializing in investment. We offer private clients, companies and institutions a comprehensive product range, and investment and asset management services that are based on cutting-edge expertise. With 250 investment experts and over 25 years in the business, Evli has a wide range of experience and know-how at its disposal. We manage EUR 6.3 billion in client assets (September 30, 2014). www.evli.com