- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1373) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2284) Biotekniikka (356) Elektroniikka (1513) Energia (2058) Hallitus ja valtio (4396) Hanketiedotteet (566) Häiriötiedotteet (670) Ilmailu (257) Kauppa (4045) Kaupungit ja kunnat (4804) Kemianteollisuus (363) Kiinteistöt (2359) Kotimaa (7493) Koulutus (7505) Kulttuuri ja taide (5883)
- Kustannustoiminta (1592) Käsityöt ja askartelu (449) Laki (1665) Lemmikit (335) Lifestyle (3966) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3075) Maanpuolustus (619) Maaseutu (1501) Maatalous (1915) Mainonta (1276) Markkinointi (2706) Matkailu (2838) Media (2440) Metalliteollisuus (752) Metsätalous (1043) Musiikki ja viihde (2397)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1528) Pankit ja rahoitus (906) Paperiteollisuus (319) Perhe (2867) Politiikka (4505) Puutarha (638) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (3510) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2365) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (119) Sisustaminen (1051) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (3519) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2449) Talous (8227) Telekommunikaatio (2022) Terveys (4522)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (4002) Tietokoneet (1124) Tietotekniikka (1722) Tuotanto (1456) Turvallisuus (1851) Työelämä (5056) Ulkomaat (1381) Urheilu (2951) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1092) Vakuutus (479) Valokuvaus (377) Vapaa-aika (4633) Veneily (334) Ympäristö ja luonto (5610) Yrittäjyys (527)
Etusivu » Tiedotteet » Talous » Cursor investor event Finnvestor 2015 in London brought together 10 startup companies and over 70 investors
Cursor investor event Finnvestor 2015 in London brought together 10 startup companies and over 70 investors
Published: 27-Mar-2015 01:11 pm
Publisher: Cursor Oy, Kotka-Hamina Regional Development Company
Kotka-Hamina regional development company Cursor Oy and Finpro organised an investor event in London in the Finnish Ambassador's residence on 23th of March 2015. Ten ICT and games companies from South-Eastern Finland took part and had an opportunity to pitch to over 70 registered investors present and to discuss potential investments ranging between hundreds of thousands to several million euros.
Cursor's objective was to help these Finnish companies bring their business to a higher, international level and to create more jobs in the region.
Most of the companies have participated in Venture Gym – acceleration programme and are included in Playa Game Industry Hub, a community of game industry players in South-Eastern Finland. The following companies took part in the London event:
- Kukouri Mobile Entertainment
- Nitro Games
- Olento Games
- World of Circuit
- GoodLife Technology
- Palko Interactive
- Kuohu IO
The investors invited to the event were primarily interested in investing in Finnish games and scalable ICT solutions. The investors consisted of international venture capital companies, institutionalised investors and private business angels.
The event was arranged together with the Finnish Embassy in London and organised by Finpro and Europartnerships Ltd.
The event was arranged as a joint Investor Network for Innovations EU- project financed by the Regional Council of Kymenlaakso and managed by Cursor Oy.
Companies from Kymenlaakso networked in Cambridge
Kymenlaakso Goes Global and The Young Growth Entrepeneurship – projects, Cursor Oy and Playa Game Industry Hub organized networking event in Cambridge with co-operation with Kymenlaakso University of Applied Sciences and Kouvola Innovation Oy at 24th -26th of March. The event was organized as a follow-up to London Finnvestor 2015 investment event.
The primary goal of the networking event was to establish new partnerships between companies from Kymenlaakso region and high technology clusters in Cambridge. The hosts of the event were Cambridge Judge Business School and Anglia Ruskin University. The program included meetings with the Cambridge companies, networking sessions, visits in the business accelerators and science parks. Participants had also an opportunity to learn more about how a Finnish company could benefit from the business possibilities offered by Great Britain.
Jan Storgårds, ICT & Games, Cursor Oy
Director, International partnerships
email@example.com, +358 40 190 2534
For further details from the perspective of the companies, please contact:
Peeter Lange, CEO, Olento Games
+358 40 3530243
Attached are photos of the Finnvestor event, photos by Heidi Sjögren.
Name of the person and the company is in the file name.
Kotka-Hamina Regional Development Company, Cursor Oy, runs business advice services on behalf of the municipalities of Kotka, Hamina, Miehikkälä, Pyhtää and Virolahti. It also runs enterprise development projects in the region. Cursor assists current and budding entrepreneurs in South Kymenlaakso, and those setting up in the region, in establishing and developing their businesses. Our offices are located in the Eagle building in Kotka, just off the E18 Road, and at Raatihuoneentori in the centre of Hamina. Cursor is owned by the region's municipalities (Kotka, Hamina, Pyhtää, Virolahti and Miehikkälä), together with local industry and financial institutions.
Playa Game Industry Hub, coordinated by Cursor, is a joint marketing brand for game industry developers and stakeholders in southeast Finland. The Hub markets the regional game industry cluster to new firms and partners. It also promotes the internationalisation of local game companies.