- Autot ja moottoripyörät (1370) Avustukset ja vapaaehtoistyö (2281) Biotekniikka (354) Elektroniikka (1511) Energia (2055) Hallitus ja valtio (4387) Hanketiedotteet (566) Häiriötiedotteet (669) Ilmailu (257) Kauppa (4041) Kaupungit ja kunnat (4785) Kemianteollisuus (363) Kiinteistöt (2357) Kotimaa (7464) Koulutus (7494) Kulttuuri ja taide (5870)
- Kustannustoiminta (1587) Käsityöt ja askartelu (448) Laki (1660) Lemmikit (335) Lifestyle (3962) Logistiikka ja liikenne (3067) Maanpuolustus (618) Maaseutu (1501) Maatalous (1913) Mainonta (1274) Markkinointi (2701) Matkailu (2833) Media (2436) Metalliteollisuus (752) Metsätalous (1041) Musiikki ja viihde (2391)
- Ohjelmistoteollisuus (1526) Pankit ja rahoitus (904) Paperiteollisuus (319) Perhe (2865) Politiikka (4498) Puutarha (638) Pääuutinen (862) Rakentaminen (3508) Ruoka ja elintarvikkeet (2361) Sarjakuva ja kuvitus (118) Sisustaminen (1051) Sosiaaliset kysymykset (3517) Suunnittelu ja tekniikka (2445) Talous (8218) Telekommunikaatio (2017) Terveys (4517)
- Tiede ja tutkimus (3996) Tietokoneet (1122) Tietotekniikka (1720) Tuotanto (1454) Turvallisuus (1847) Työelämä (5042) Ulkomaat (1377) Urheilu (2938) Urheilu ja vapaa-aika (1061) Uskonto (1088) Vakuutus (479) Valokuvaus (376) Vapaa-aika (4620) Veneily (333) Ympäristö ja luonto (5600) Yrittäjyys (522)
Etusivu » Tiedotteet » Käsityöt ja askartelu » Skills are key – Finnish design also attracts young people
Skills are key – Finnish design also attracts young people
Published: 26-Sep-2016 03:44 pm
Publisher: Tampereen Messut
Skill is the main factor at the Finnish Craft & Design 2016 fair, where young people are encouraged to become entrepreneurs and all eyes are on Finnish clothing design and trendy recycled design. The Finnish Craft & Design fair, being held for the 21st time at the Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre on 18–20 November 2016, is the most exciting event of the year for hundreds of handicraft entrepreneurs, thousands of professionals and hobbyists in the field, and all those interested in Finnish design products. During the fair, the Taito-Finlandia, Vuoden Artesaani 2016 (Artisan of the Year) and Suomen Kädentaidot Uutuustuote 2016 (New Product of the Year) award winners will be announced. The fair is hosted by fashion editor Sami Sykkö.
"It has been a pleasure to see how young people have been able to find this fair. Year by year, more and more young people visit the fair, which is a clear indicator that young people have also started to value Finnish products and feel the attraction of handicrafts. We want to encourage young people to participate, become entrepreneurs and adopt a DIY attitude. This is why the fair has, for example, an interesting exhibition by clothing and footwear designers from Häme University of Applied Sciences and a separate PopUp area, where young 4H entrepreneurs showcase their innovative products. Once again, the diverse weekend is full of inspiring moments and new products for young people as well as more experienced fair visitors", says Mervi Oksanen, Project Manager of the Finnish Craft & Design Fair.
Taitokatu grows bigger – exhibitions showcase leather and dolls
Taitokatu (“Skill Street”), which is already a familiar sight from the previous year, will become bigger this year, and, in addition to the 11 regional Taito associations, a Taito stage coordinated by the Taito Group will also be set up. Letit, nutturat & neidot (Braids, Buns and Beauties) exhibition of dolls showcases the detailed dolls made by Annariikka Qvist, who has also created the gorgeous wig made of yarn that features on the promotional material for the Finnish Craft & Design fair. SQIN from Modus, the Pirkanmaa fashion and applied art association, highlights leather as a material and MUSTA tuntuu! , an exhibition of gifts, presents gift products with the colour black, which are available for purchase at the various stands. Works and winning pieces from many different handicraft competitions receive awards and are showcased at the fair.
Taito-Finlandia prize, awarded for the fifth time, celebrates handicraft and design culture
The annual Taito-Finlandia prize announced at the Finnish Craft & Design fair is an honorary award for the handicrafts and applied arts industry that honours notable trends or professionals promoting arts and crafts culture and increasing the recognition of the industry. The winner will receive a prize of €5,000 and a glass sculpture by Oiva Toikka, specially designed for Taito-Finlandia. Previously, the prize has been awarded to Ruokangas Guitars Oy (2012), selected by design critic Kaj Kalin, the tile company Hattulan Kaakelitehdas Oy (2013), selected by clothing designer Paola Suhonen, the weaving mill Lapuan Kankurit (2014), selected by designers Aamu Song and Johan Olin, and Sarpaneva Watches / Stepan Sarpaneva (2015), selected by designer Harri Koskinen. The person selecting this year's Taito-Finlandia winner will be announced in October.
Antique Autumn honours the old and promotes collecting as a hobby
The antiques and collectibles fair, Antique Autumn, will take place during the Finnish Craft & Design fair, in hall D at the Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre. The more than 70 exhibitors of this event, being held for the 49th time, comprise both individual collectors and second-hand shops.
The Finnish Craft & Design fair is the largest handicrafts and applied arts industry fair in Europe, which brings over 600 exhibitors and around 40,000 visitors to Tampere annually. The Finnish Craft & Design fair is hosted by Tampere Trade Fairs and Taito Pirkanmaa ry. The Antique Autumn is implemented by Tampere Trade Fairs.
Finnish Craft & Design and Antique Autumn fairs, 18–20 November 2016, Tampere Exhibition and Sports Centre (halls A, C, D and E). Open: Friday between 10 am and 6 pm, Saturday between 9 am and 5 pm, Sunday between 10 am and 5 pm. Tickets on the door: three-day ticket €20, day ticket €12 for Friday and Sunday and €14 for Saturday. The ticket grants entrance to both fairs on the same day.
MORE INFORMATION: www.kadentaidot.fi, SoMe: Facebook: facebook.com/Kadentaidot
Twitter: @TampereenMessut, Instagram: @suomenkadentaidot, #Kädentaidot #Keräily
Tampereen Messut Ltd, firstname.lastname@example.org, www.facebook.com/tampereenmessut
Mervi Oksanen, Product Group Manager, tel. +358(0) 400 760 877, @OksanenMervi
Tanja Järvensivu, Event and Communications Manager, tel. +358(0) 50 536 8133, @TanjaJarvensivu
Jenna Antila, Communications Officer, tel. +358(0) 40 172 1188, @Jenna_messuaa
Julkaisijan muita tiedotteita
- 19.10.2016 10:51Opas nostalgisten puulelujen valmistukseen ilmestyy viikolla 44
- 18.10.2016 11:53Väinölän iltapäiväkerholaiset kunnostivat KAVERIPENKIN ehkäisemään syrjäytymistä
- 14.10.2016 10:28Kutsu: Puusuksia Suomesta –kirjan esittelyyn torstaina 20.10.2016 klo 14.00 Lahden historialliselle museolle